Reasons can be various and unknown too. Few could be because of mere negligence and ignorance that you had dark under arms all your life or might have become darker as a result of the chemicals used to make it white. Dark underarm is not a very good thing to have especially when you wear western wear that exposes underarm skin. It is always good to stay groomed. Take time and follow a few home remedies that give amazing results.
Home remedies for whitening dark underarms
Top best natural bleaching effect with lemon
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent to lighten dark skin tone.
- Take half- lemon and rub your under-arms before bath every day. Moisturize your both and under arms too with a moisturizer.
- Make a mixture of curd, honey and turmeric. Add lemon juice to it. Apply this mixture to the under arms and leave it for about less than 10 minutes. Wash with cold water.
Cucumbers best for skin
Cucumbers are amazing either in salads or treating skin problems. Its skin-lightening property helps in turning the dark are into white over a period of time if you use this remedy.
- Extract cucumber juice (you can also use the pulp instead of making juice), add a little bit of turmeric. Depending on the consistency, add lime juice. Apply this mixture to the underarm for a few minutes. Dab cotton to apply the mixture.
- Slice cucumber and rub in your under arms for a few minutes every day before bathing.
Potatoes has bleaching effect
Potatoes have starch in it. The natural bleaching agent in it lightens the dark skin and makes the tone lighter.
- Take a slice of potato and rub your under arms for close to 10 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Make a paste of raw potato, add a little lime juice to it. Apply this paste to your underarm. Wash with lukewarm water.
Baking soda to prevent dark underarm
Baking soda is a natural bleaching powder which can be used as a scrub. It prevents body odor as well.
- Add water to the baking soda to make a thick paste. Apply to the underarm and scrub this part. Wash and leave it for a while.
- Additionally, you can just use baking soda with water and apply it to your underarm and stay till it is dry. Wash your underarm with water.
Scrub with lemon and sugar
You could prepare a natural scrub in your home.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to make a scrub. Apply it gently to your underarm and leave it for not more than 10 minutes. Scrubbing with a pumice stone or a scrubber may damage your skin.
Besan, curd and milk (Gram flour)
The lactic acid present in the milk reacts with the acids of curd and act as a good lightening agent.
- Mix curd, besan and milk to make a fine paste. Apply it to your underarm and leave it for about 10 minutes and wash with cold water.
Peel of orange for skin lightening
Oranges also have this property of skin lightening. Here is how to make a scrub.
- Firstly orange peel has to be dried, and then make powder with it. Add water and milk to make a fine paste. Apply this paste and gently scrub the area. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water and pat dry.
Natural oils to moisturize
Oils are greasy and we may not like it, but oils have so many benefits. Olive oil, Coconut oil, Vitamin E oil is great for making your lighten dark underarms.
- Mix Olive oil with sugar and make a good mixture. Wet your underarm for first and apply this and scrub gently. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash off with water.
- Vitamin E oil is available as capsules as well as oil. Massage the skin with the oil till you see it is absorbed.
Milk and honey are natural home remedy to treat dark armpits
Milk has natural exfoliating property to lighten skin tone. Milk and honey are the best ingredients to reduce dark skin which is having acid and vitamin process. Take a tablespoon of milk and mix it with equal amounts of honey. Add a pinch of turmeric or lemon juice into that mixture. Mix them well and apply this mixture on dark underarm. Milk and gram flour also gives the best results. Apply a thick paste on the underarm and let it dry for some time. Rinse it off with water. Pat it dry with a clean towel.
Sandalwood helps to treat dark underarm
Sandalwood helps to lighten dark skin. It is a natural home remedy to treat dark underarm. Mix sandalwood powder with required amount of rose water to form a thick paste. Apply this paste under arms. This pack gives a soothing and softening effect too. Sandalwood has a natural fragrance that helps in getting rid of body odor caused due to excess sweat. Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with required amount of water to form a thick smooth paste. Apply this paste on underarm skin and leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water to get rid of dark underarms. Repeat this process 3 – 4 times a week. Sandalwood helps to get rid of dark underarms and helps to get soft, smooth, and lighter skin.
Yogurt helps to whiten dark skin
Yogurt has the best natural bleaching property to exfoliate your skin. This helps to whiten dark skin. Yogurt can also cause skin discoloration and can be used to neutralize the odor. This is best used for dark armpit areas. Take 2 tablespoons of fresh yogurt and mix it with a tablespoon of honey. Mix them well and this helps to get rid of impurities. Apply this mixture on underarm and let it dry for some time. Wash it off with cool water to get whitening skin under dark under armpits.
Vinegar to lighten dark armpits
Vinegar is used to lighten dark underarms with its exfoliating property. Prepare a mixture with some vinegar and a part of rice flour to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on the underarm after having a shower. Leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. This helps to lighten skin tone and helps to remove germs that causes dead cells. These germs are the causes of underarm to stink.
Olive oil for dark armpits
Olive oil is the best way to get rid of dark armpits. Olive oil is rich in anti-oxidant, which make your skin look bright and prevents body odor. Take 3 tablespoons of extra virgin of olive oil and a cup of brown sugar. Mix them well and wet your skin under the arms. Gently, apply the mixture to your skin and leave it for about 5 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Repeat the process for 2 times a week to get better results.
Chickpea flour mask to treat underarms
The chickpea flour mask is the best and a great pack to get skin whitening for your underarms. Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour or chickpea flour each. Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric. Mix them well and apply this paste on your underarms. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with water. This is the best and the finest mask for underarms as a cleanser, moisturizer and bleaches your skin to lighten skin tone of underarm. Repeat the process every day for two weeks and repeat it twice a week for faster results.
Gram flour and yogurt for dark underarms
Gram flour acts as a natural exfoliator and skin lightener. This is the best way to get rid of dark underarms. Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour or besan, 1 tablespoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice, and a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix them well and apply them on underarms. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water and pat them dry. Repeat the process every day or other alternate day to get fast effective results.
Milk for skin lightening properties
Milk is rich in vitamins and several fatty acids. This helps to get rid of dark underarms. Milk helps to soften the skin and renders the skin tone lighter. You can mix curd or plain yogurt with lactic acid that helps to lighten the skin. This is effective in armpits masks. The mixture helps to cleanse and bleaches your skin to give your skin a lighter skin tone and can moisturize it well. ‘
Take 2 tablespoons of full fat milk, 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt. Add 1 tablespoon of gram flour or chickpea flour. Mix all the ingredients well and apply it to dark underarms. Leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes and run them off. Wash it off with water. This will feel your skin to get softer and free of dead skin cells. This makes your dark skin look lighter. For better results, you can use full fat milk cream. Repeat the process for 3 – 4 times a week to get better results.