Many of you will confuse in choosing saree that best suits you. Here you have the tips on how to choose a perfect sari?
Saris are best outfits for women, the best things about the saree is that they are suitable for all occasions like wedding, party, function or any other event. The right choice not only can hide any flaws in your body, but also increases your beauty and make you look like a queen.
The saree that best suits you can increase the personality and beauty manifold. Choose the right saree according to the body type you have.
The traditional Indian dress sari is one of the best outfits for an Indian woman. It is suitable for all occasion’s workplaces, travelling, wedding, and party or any other event. The problem lies in choosing the right type of sari for the right occasion and the best type that would suit the body type of the woman.
Tips to choose a perfect saree for you to make you look more beautiful and gorgeous
Saree draping style
- Draping a saree will also decide you how you will look.
- Draping saree in some particular way you can look taller, short, slim, fat and strange.
- Drape your saree properly, otherwise it looks untidy, clumsy, and can make a woman appear fat of what you are wearing.
- Plates should be neatly tucked.
Fabric used in saree
- The fabric used to make a saree will also decide how you look.
- Fabric made saree suits a particular category of women.
- Stiff cotton saris give a heavy look that are not suitable for overweight women.
Prints on the saree
- Women avoid big and large prints as they look large and gaudy.
- Try to avoid large prints for short women.
- Small floral and leafy prints are evergreen and every woman can wear such sarees.
Border of the saree
- The border of a saree plays an important role base upon your personality.
- Saree with no border or shorter border advice to you. Shorter border if your height is short.
- You should wear sarees with broad border if you are tall.
Color of the saree
- Overweight women can go for dark colors.
- It similarly works for dresses also that dark colors make a plus size woman look slim and beautiful.
Embroidery work, zari work, stone work, heavy work
- If you are slim then you can go for heavy work that will be best for you. If you are overweight and fatty then go for light work that is suitable for you.
- Embroidery work can make you look fat and strange.
Designs of the blouse
- Designer blouse can make you look more beautiful, sexy, and gorgeous.
- Latest trendy blouses can make you look gorgeous.
- There are beautiful designs with blouses like sleeveless blouses, short sleeves, short neck, deep neck, deep back, and backless blouses.
- Consider blouse length, various sexy neck and back designs depending on how much you want to expose your front and back.
- Embroidery, sequins, stonework can make a blouse very attractive and give women a rich look.
- Select a blouse for you that should suit your personality.
- You can buy a contrast blouse instead of a matching color blouse.
Matching accessories for saris
- Accessories like purse, bag, clips, earrings, bangles, etc., should match with the sari and should not look odd.
Choose saris according to the occasion and time of the day
- For wedding party and functions you can wear sarees with the rich look and work.
- South Indian silk sarees like Kancheepuram silk sarees, Mysore silk sarees, Sambhalpuri silk sarees, and Banarsi sarees are best for wedding and party.
- Not only wedding but you can wear during any festival. They are quite costly but look rich and make you look gorgeous, beautiful.
Day time event
- For daytime event or party or function avoid dark colors except black color, otherwise you look overdressed.
- Light color sarees are the best option for women with light green, light yellow, cream color, peach, light blue.
- A white saree with some designs and beautiful prints can do wonders.
- Avoid saree with heavy embroidery and zari work that it may give you look odd. Avoid them in daytime.
- Lace work is better for daytime function and party.
Evening and night function
- For evening and night function like wedding party and other functions the saree with the rich look and heavy embroidery and zari work is suitable.
- Silk sarees like Banarasi silk sarees, Mysore silk sarees, Kancheepuram silk sarees gives a rich look for women and perfect for wedding party.
Travelling and outing purpose
- Light weight and synthetic sarees are better for travelling and outing that can be manageable and comfortable.
- Saree with light colors, light embroidery, and small prints are ok, but avoid dark colors, large prints, and heavy embroidery & zari work.
- Designer sarees are good for festival occasions.
- Indian silk sarees are perfect to wear during any festival. Like Banarasi sarees, south Indian silk sarees like from Mysore and Kancheepuram. They give a traditional and rich.
- Light color sarees like light pink, green, peach, blue, cream, off white, and white sarees with light prints and embroidery work that are suitable for office going.
Saree according to the body type
Saree for Tall Women
Tall women should wear saris with large prints in bold colors and heavy borders. The ideal choice of saris for tall women is cotton, raw silk and pure silk saris. Tall and slim ladies have more option to make a choice for saris.
Saree for Short Women
Women with short height should wear light color sarees with narrow borders or no borders and preferably vertical prints.Ideal choice of sarees for shorter ladies is chiffon, georgette and silk sarees.
Saree for Overweight Women
Obese women must choose georgette, chiffon and crepe sarees. Printed dark color sarees are best for overweight women. Get a personalized look with the sari draped.
Saree for Thin Women
Ladies with thin physique must go for a tissue, cotton and other fluffy sarees. They must avoid chiffon and net sarees. Printed sarees with large prints give a decent look to thin ladies. White, off-white and light colour are the best choice.
Saree for Hour Glass Women
Women with the hourglass figure have a wider choice for sarees. They can choose any type of sari according to their weight and complexion. You must choose the appropriate costume and be the one among the fashion statement.
Saree for Apple Shaped Women
Women with the upper body bulkier than the legs must choose embroidered saris. Check out the picture and you see the beautiful lady with the apple shaped body look.
Sarees for pear shaped body women
The pear shaped body looks as a heavier bottom than the upper body part. Try to choose fabrics such as chiffon and georgette, which can balance the upper and lower body parts. Avoid mermaid cuts, which can add unnecessary attention to your lower part. Drape your saree in the seedha Pallu type that can make your body look proportionate. Choose the best bold and brightly colored saree that best suits for you. The sarees that best suits for this body shape are with beautiful borders, small prints, and embroidery work.
Saree for Voluptuous or plump shape women
The Voluptuous shape women can go for georgette, chiffon and net fabrics which are best for them. This king of saree will help you to snugly wrap around the body and highlights your curves. The dark colors and heavy sarees best suits for you. You should not choose to stiff sarees, opt for embroider and beadwork sarees. These sarees will be good fall, which makes you look slimmer. Try full sleeve as they can effectively hide your flab, and blouses with criss-cross strings hold together.
Sarees for short and slim women
The sarees for short and slim women can try with a thin border. They should avoid big prints with heavy borders. This sarees make you look tall. So, it is better to choose a medium sized prints that will look great for your body shape.
Sarees for tall and slim women
Tall and silm women look good in heavy border sarees. It is better to opt for big bold prints with a variety of colors and can tend to divert the attention from your height. Try heavy border saree with different blouse designs to look stylish and beautiful. These saree make them look gorgeous.