Skin care should start at a very young age, as early as the time from which we are exposing ourselves to pollution, dirt, germs and rough climatic conditions. So in order to have a truly beautiful and healthy skin, you must inculcate cleansing, toning and moisturizing as a part of your daily routine.
Uses of cleansing
- Throughout the day our face gets exposed to so many harmful elements. Removing these particles of dust, germs and makeup are a crucial and a first step to maintain beautiful skin.
- Hence cleansing your skin means removal of these unwanted guests off your face. Always use a gentle makeup remover before bedtime.
- Choose a cleanser that can be used for removing makeup and at the same time is gentle on your skin. Look for cleansers made up of natural ingredients.
- When removing your makeup, you must be able to see your face clearly in the mirror. If you have long hair, pull it back completely with a headband or clip.
- Start by removing your eye makeup with a cotton ball moistened with makeup remover. Roll the cotton ball all over the eye makeup and leave it to soften the mascara to be removed easily.
- Use lukewarm water to lather up the cleanser in order to break down the makeup on your face by gently massaging your face for at least 60 seconds.
- Do not forget to clean your neck as it also contains powder and dirt.
Uses of toning
- A trainer must be used immediately after cleansing.
- Toning helps remove any traces of makeup or dirt left behind by your cleanser and makes your skin pores clog free.
- Toning tightens your skin pores, and freshness it up.
Uses of moisturizing
- Choose moisturizers with natural ingredients.
- Immediately use a moisturizer after toning, as the skin feels stretchy or extra tight after toning.
- Using a good moisturizer helps your skin to repair itself and regain its elasticity and glow again.
- If you have dry skin, you can use a heavy moisturizer and if you have oily or combination skin, use water based moisturizer. People with normal skin can use either a heavy or water based moisturizer.
- Do not ignore your lips as the skin over the lips is thinner than anywhere on the face.
When and how to moisturize your face?
- Do not wait after having your shower. Apply your moisturizer within three minutes of turning off the water.
- When you are applying moisturizer to your face, use light and even pressure, moving in an upward direction from your neck to your forehead.
- Be careful with the skin surrounding your eyes as it is very delicate.
- Remember to apply your moisturizer at least 30 minutes before you sleep in order to sink in the contents properly instead of rubbing it to the pillow.
Check your skin type and purchase suitable skin care products that best suit your skin type
The important step to get an appropriate for your skin type is that they will be incredibly ineffective that leads to damage the situation. First, you should take into consideration that your skin type and the necessary precautions that is as acne free.
- Sensitive skin can burn with the reactions to a certain cosmetic and have an irritated skin. Thus, after a dramatic change in weather, then you may have sensitive skin, which is very hard to treat. First, test the products before risking and find the best product of blemish treatment that is hard to treat. Sensitive skin is by using a well moisturized cleanser and spot treatment.
- The normal skin type that helps to smooth and firm to the touch that is small or medium sized pores. This is too dry or too oily that is occasional blemish. Thus, the normal skin should moisturize, cleanse and use a spot treatment that may be a night solution.
- Combination skin is a little just before every skin type that can tend to get oily around your chin, forehead and nose areas and dry around the cheeks. The remaining skin will be normal. For combination skin type, you can cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize your skin and use a spot treatment for better results.
- Oily skin looks shiny and literally feels slightly those are wet to the touch and is then, when you have oily skin. The oily skin can come with large pores that are more noticeable and results in more prone to blemishes. The oily skin should tone, exfoliate and use a spot treatment that is lightly moisturized once a while for better results.
- Dry skin feels very tight, which is noticeably flaky in areas, those who have dry skin. Dry skin is due to lack of hydration or malnutrition. Dry skin makes you look rough and bumpy and can rarely get oily. Thus, dry skin should be moisturized by using a spot treatment or by using moisturizing solutions during the night.
Step by step procedure of cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day. Once in the morning before you put on makeup and once at night before going to bed.
- Firstly wash your hands to avoid any transfer of bacteria into your face.
- Damp your skin with warm water to open up your pores.
- Apply the cleanser and massage it on your skin in upwards, circular motion.
- Wipe neatly with a soft sponge or damp cotton pads.
- Finish by rinsing thoroughly with cold water in order to close up the pores and prevent dirt getting back into the skin.
- Dab your skin dry with a clean towel.
- A few minutes later, tone your face using a toner and a cotton pad avoiding the eye area.
- Do not rinse off after applying a toner.
- After the toner dries up, apply a small amount of moisturizer and gently massage in circular motion all over your face and neck.
- Stick to your routine to obtain long lasting results.
- Results depend on the products being used, so always seek a doctor’s advice.