Ear wax is produced by the glands in your ear. Nature is wonderful. Earwax prevents the small dust particles from damaging the ear drum. This way, the wax dries and falls off from the ear. This is just like any other genetic thing. Sometimes I may be difficult to clear the ear wax due to the shape of the ear canal and leads to wax impactions. Some people use baby pins, hair pins to clean and that helps only clearing the outer layer of wax. If the ear wax is not cleaned regularly, you will become a victim trouble in hearing, dizziness, ear pain, itching or drainage from the ear canal. Here are a few home remedies to clear the ear wax. The common causes of ear wax are due to the accumulation of deep inside the ear canal. Any Bobby pins or cotton swab used to remove earwax pushes the earwax more inside into the ear. People who use hearing aids, ear plugs are mostly prone to ear wax blockage.
Ear wax can be caused due to the irritation of blockage or impaction for its accumulation. This is deep inside the ear canal. The wax gets pushed up deeper into the ear and while inserting it with a cotton swab causes blockage and discomfort.
- The most common reason is using of any pointed objects like bobby pins inside the ear to remove superficial wax, pushes the earwax inside into the ear.
- Using of any ear plugs or hearing aids like headphones are more prone to ear wax blockage.
The symptoms of ear wax are as follows. Try to avoid using bobby pins into the ear, which are dangerous.
- Ear canal irritation
- Ear dizziness
- Feeling ear plugged sensation and fullness
- Hearing a ringing in the ear
- Decrease in hearing
- Found discharge from the ear canal
Home remedies to remove ear wax
Safe way to remove ear wax with hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can be used to soften the earwax. Hydrogen peroxide is the most effective home remedy for ear wax removal. This is effective property to get rid of earwax quickly and easily. Hydrogen peroxide helps to remove earwax from the ear canal.
- Put 2 drops of this solution in the ears and keep the cotton. Wait for a few hours and clean with an ear bud.
Saline solution for ear wax removal
The saline solution is the best way to remove earwax. This helps to get rid of problems like earwax. Mix one teaspoon of salt in a half cup of warm water. Mix them well and dissolve the solution. Soak a cotton ball in saline solution and squeeze them with a few drops of solution. Use this solution into your ear and slightly tilt your head upwards. You should maintain a proper position for a few minutes. Thus, the saline solution helps to get inside of your ear and dislodges the earwax. Tilt your head in the opposite direction and drain out the solution from the ear.
Salt water to flush out ear wax
One of the best methods to clear the ear wax is salt water.It softens the wax accumulated in the ears.
- Mix a teaspoon of salt in a half cup of warm water and stir properly and completely. Soak a cotton swab in it.
- Tilt your head and squeeze the cotton and put few drops of saline water into the ear. Stay in the same position for a few minutes.
- Tilt in the opposite direction to drain the water from the ear. Use a soft cloth to clean the outer area of the ears. Roll the edge of the cloth to remove the wax.
Baby oil to remove ear wax
Baby oil is another easy way to remove ear wax slowly. Baby oil helps to soften ear wax and can facilitate its removal. This is the best way to treat and remove ear wax quickly.
- With the help of the filler, fill it with baby oil. Tilt your head and drop the oil. Place the cotton in the ear so that the oil doesn’t come out. After a few minutes, tilt your head and let the extra oil drain out, clear the ear opening with a clean cloth.
Warm water best treatment
Flush the ear with clean /filtered warm water. Warm water is the best way to treat ear wax from the ear. Warm water flushing into your ear helps to get rid of excess ear wax. This is a gentle force of the water that will dislodge the wax. This makes your ear easier to remove. It is best to use clean and filtered water.
- Fill the rubber bulb syringe with warm water (temperature that the body can resist). Keep the ear upright, drop the water into the ear canal and leave for a minute. Drain the ear by tilting your head to the opposite side. Clean the ear with a neat cloth.
Easy ways to treat ear wax with almond oil
Almond oil also helps in removing the ear wax by lubricating the ears and the ear wax.
- Fill the ear dropped with almond oil.
- Tilt the ear, drop the oil into the ear canal, and wait for 15 minutes in the same position.
- Drain out the excess oil and ear wax after 15 minutes. Use a soft cloth to clean the ear opening and also the ear canal.
Baking soda best home remedy for ear wax removal
Baking Soda is a natural remedy that softens the ear wax and helps in taking it out from the ears.
- Mix a quarter spoon of baking soda in 2 spoons of water.
- With the help of a bulb syringe, put few drops in the ear with the above solution. Wait for 10 minutes.
- Use warm water and flush the ear.
- Drain it by tilting your head. Clean your ears with a soft cloth.
Glycerin to soften ear wax
This is another way to soften the earwax. This helps in lubricating the hardened earwax in the ears.
- Put 2 drops of glycerin in the ear using a dropper.
- Put a cotton ball at the ear opening and leave it for a couple of hours.
- Use warm water and flush your ear.
- Tilt your ear sideways and drain the water and ear wax.
- Clean the outer area of the ear with a soft towel.
Vinegar and rubbing alcohol to remove ear wax
This is also an effective remedy and in practices since ages. Alcohol acts as a drying agent and vinegar fights the bacteria and also prevents ear infections.
- Mix rubbing alcohol and vinegar in the equal quantities.
- Soak a cotton ball in it, and squeeze it to put drops into the ear.
- Wait for 5 minutes and tilt your head in the opposite direction to drain the earwax out. Also clean it with the help of an ear bud.
Coconut oil is the best simple & a quick home remedy
Coconut oil has MCFA in the form of fatty acid that helps to get rid of excess wax that is found inside the ear. Coconut oil has an anti-microbial property that helps to prevent the ear from getting infected. Take a clean dropper insert coconut oil into it. Put 3 drops of coconut oil in the ear, which is affected and blocked. Leave it for 10 minutes. Flush it off with warm water in the ear in order to cleanse the oil. Then, wipe it off with excess liquid and clean with a washed cloth.
Olive oil for ear wax removal
Olive oil is the best and simple home remedy to remove ear wax. Olive oil has antiseptic property which helps to reduce the risk of ear infection. It also helps to soften the earwax, thus makes it easier to come out ear wax from the ear. Take 2 – 3 drops of olive oil and slightly warm it up. Put warm olive oil into the ear using a dropper which is affected or having excessive blockage, while going to bed. Repeat this process for 3 – 4 times a day. The ear wax softens and is easy to remove from the ear.
Omega 3 fatty acids to remove earwax
Omega 3 fatty acids are good for health as well as help to get rid of toxins in the body. It helps to remove wax that is blocked in the ear. You should ingest omega 3 fatty acids inside your ear, but do not place it directly. It is better to consult your doctor before using this remedy. Because the required amount of fatty acid that you need to take every day can be discussed with your doctor. You can also include omega 3 fatty acid food products into your diet.
Avoid using any sharp object to clean your ears, it is very dangerous. Don’t use cold water to flush the ears, use warm water that can dissolve the wax up to some extent. Don’t use hot oil to clean the earwax as it can burn the skin. Visit an ENT if you feel that the wax is hardened and you are unable to help yourself. Visit the doctor if you have symptoms like acute ear pain, fever and hearing loss. Last but not the least, be careful while using the above remedies.