Fair, smooth and even colored skin is everyone’s desire and bleaching is one of the beauty treatment commonly used to get fair and even colored skin. It is a process of lightning facial hair and removing dark spots on the face. It also helps in whitening your skin and maintains skin health by removing suntan. Firstly, it conceals the facial hair to match with your skin color. Secondly, it thoroughly cleanses the clogged pores of the skin by removing the dirt to make it breathe more easily. Thirdly, it nourishes the skin with the release of active oxygen into the skin. However, bleaching is a process to be done with utmost care. Moreover, one should carefully choose the type of bleach according to the nature of the skin.
Pre-preparation for applying bleach
- Always perform a patch test to check for sensitivity on a small area before applying.
- Follow the instructions on the leaflet of the product thoroughly.
- Never apply bleach after a hot bath.
- Use the mixture within 30 minutes of preparation.
- Do not apply to cuts, moles and makeup.
- Do not use metal bowls or spoons for preparing the mixture.
Types of bleaches available in the market
Powdered bleach: You have to add bleaching powder, liquid hydrogen peroxide and ammonia for facial bleaching. As the effect of powdered bleach is a very high one should use powdered bleach only for bleaching dark spots and pigmented areas.
Milk bleach: If you are having a sensitive skin and you want to bleach, you can use milk bleach. It is made of milk powder that can be used by mixing ammonia.
Oxy bleach: Oxy bleach is the latest variant of bleach, which is said to be the safest bleach ever. As it comes with pre bleach cream, this forms a protective shield on your skin. Oxy bleach revives the skin by the oxygen and gives your pale skin an instant glow.
Soap flakes bleach: It is best suited for oily skin. As oily skin is prone to acne and pimples. This gives soap flake bleach that comes in the form of soap with antibacterial properties. It is to be used as soap.
Aloe vera bleach: Bleaching on an aged skin makes it sagging. So instead of ammonia based bleach cream one should use aloe vera bleach. It keeps the moisture of the skin intact.
Oil based cream bleach: For dry skin and oil based bleach, this is good as it comes in the form of crystals and keeps the moisture balance of your skin intact.
Steps to apply bleach on your face
- If your skin posses the patch test clean your skin by washing your face with cool water and any gentle face wash. Don’t use hot water your skin as it will open the pores of your skin which in turn can harm your skin while bleaching.
- Make the paste only when you are ready to apply it on your face. Mix the cream and the powder which is used as and only as directed. Don’t alter the ratio as altering could harm your skin and fill in giving the desired results.
- Apply the paste you have prepared on your face in downward motion. Avoid area near to eyes, eyebrows and lips. Don’t rub and leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes, depending upon the color of your skin. If you have a dark complexion, apply for lesser time as longer time will lighten the color of your facial hair more than your skin tone, which will look odd.
- Check a small portion of your skin by removing the bleach. If yes, remove the bleach by washing with cold water, then wipe your face.
- Bleaching process takes away the moisture of your skin and can make it dry, so ensure to apply an unscented moisturizer or body lotion after the bleaching process.
Side effects of bleaching
- It can lead to burned skin or eruptions on the skin if not used carefully. The quantity of activator must strictly be according to the guidelines of the product being used.
- Keeping bleach for more than 15 minutes can harm your skin, so be sure to follow a watch or timer to remove the bleach from your face within 15 minutes.
- Bleaching should be done not more than once in 15 days. In addition to this, the regular bleaching takes away the glow from the face and gives it a pale shade.
- Don’t bleach if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your child. As chemicals (hydrogen peroxide or mercury) travel from your skin to your blood and into the fetus.
- Stay away from sun before and after bleaching. As it will minimize the effect of bleaching.
- Never bleach after facial. It will take away your entire glow.
Natural homemade facial bleaches
Papaya and milk bleach for face
The best way to treat your face to get naturally glowing skin. Papaya is rich in Vitamin A and is good for health as well as used in many of the cosmetic products for better results. Take a fresh ripe papaya and cut into the slices. Mash the slices into smooth paste. Add required amount of milk into that paste. Apply this paste on the face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water. Repeat the process once a week for better results.
Lemon, turmeric and rose water mixture to cleanse your face
Take 1 tablespoon of each lemon juice, turmeric powder, and rosewater. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix them well to form a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water for better results.
Best natural tip with cucumber and aloe vera for facial bleach
This is the best way to bleach your skin and results best without any side effects. Take 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice by blending the juice from cucumber slices. Take 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel. Mix them well. Apply this mixture on your face and neck. Leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash it off with water to get a lighter skin tone.
Black gram and almond facial bleach
Take one tablespoon of black gram powder and 5 almonds. Almonds are best for skin lightening and acts a bleach to remove dirt on the face. Soak the black grams and almonds in water overnight. In the next morning, make them into smooth paste. Mix them well to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on the face. Leave it for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
How to bleach your face with orange peel, curd and lemon
This is the best natural homemade bleach for better results. Take 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder, 1 tablespoon of curd, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix them in a bowl for smooth paste. Apply this paste on the face that helps to clean the dirt on the skin. Leave it for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water for better results. This facial best suit to get rid of dark skin tone which results in natural glowing face.