If you are someone who loves to wear those pretty skirts and ankle length pants and are unable to wear because of the ugly dark ankles, here is the space to check for home remedies. I am sure most of you are the victims of dark ankles due to various reasons. Remember, nothing is impossible if you try to take out some time for yourself off from the busy schedule and pamper yourself on a weekend instead of wandering outside. You feel good when you really relax at home and do some grooming. Read out the remedies here and try out, I am sure you will definitely be satisfied.
Home remedies to treat dark ankles
Coconut oil for moisturizing
Coconut has a very good moisturizing effect. Coconut oil helps to lighten the skin tone with its Vitamin E property. It also helps to moisturize your skin and gives soft, smooth glowing skin.
- Take coconut oil in your palms and gently rub the ankles for a few minutes till you feel it is dry. Then, wash with a mild soap and lukewarm water.
Castor oil to lighten dark skin
Castor oil has amazing properties to lighten dark circles. Use this home remedy before going to bed, which helps you most.
- Massage the ankles with castor oil in the night. Put on socks, wash it in the morning with cold water. Do not use any soap in the morning when you wash.
Vitamin E Oil to treat skin problems
Vitamin E helps to treat skin problems and is used in beauty care. This can lighten skin tone on regular usage. Add sugar to a spoonful of Vitamin E Oil. Make a fine paste and rub this to the ankles for about 10 minutes and wash it with water next morning.
Oatmeal scrub gives natural glowing skin
Oatmeal scrub gives natural glowing skin with its anti-microbial and antioxidant properties. Grind oatmeal, make sure oatmeal is not too much soft powder. Add honey to it. Scrub your ankles with this mixture and leave it for an hour. Then, wash it with lukewarm water.
Rice flour to reduce skin tone
Rice flour helps to lighten skin tone due to its antioxidant. This helps to remove dead skin cells and prevents dark skin. However, giving lighter skin tone with its scrubbing process. This might be something new for you.
- Take rice flour and add milk to it, make a fine paste by blending it. Massage with this paste on the ankles. Keep it for about 10 minutes and wash it.
- Add vinegar to rice flour. Make a fine paste and scrub it on the ankles. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
Potatoes has skin lightening property
Potatoes has some acidic property that acts as a natural bleaching agent. You use this process for skin lightening.
- Take a couple of potatoes, extract juice and apply it on the ankles. Wash with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you can also place potato slice on the ankles. You need to hold it as it will not be sticky. Wash after 15 minutes.
Cucumber good for skin
Cucumber has its soothing effect and also acts as a skin lightening agent. Cucumber with turmeric is an effective home remedy for skin lightening. Apply it on the affected area for better results.
- Apply the pulp or juice to the affected area. Keep it for a few minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
Orange peel reduces damaged skin
Orange peel is rich in properties such as flavors, antioxidants, and helps to reduce oxidative damage that can fight free radicals. Orange peel has natural histamine suppressing compounds.
- Dry the orange peel and make powder. Add milk and rose water to make it a paste. Apply it to the affected area. Wash it after 15 minutes.
Sandalwood has bleaching property
Sandalwood paste is a natural herb used to lighten skin tone with its equal amount of rose water. These acts as a bleaching agent. It has moisturizing and skin cleansing property.
- Take sandalwood powder, add rose water to it. Make a fine paste. Apply it to the dark area of ankles. Wash after, it gets dried.
Baking soda to cleanse skin
Baking soda has the property to cleanse the skin and helps to reduce dark skin. This helps to give lighter skin tone around your ankles.
- Add rose water to baking soda and make it a fine paste. Apply it to the dark area of ankles and keep it overnight. Wash it in the morning.
Almonds and honey paste for dark ankles
Almond and honey helps to lighten dark ankles due to its exfoliating property. This mixture also helps to spot or remove dark ankles and knees in your legs. Instead of almond, you can also use milk that can lighten skin tone naturally.
- Grind a few almonds and add honey to it. Make it a fine paste and apply it to the ankles. Wash it after about 10 minutes with cold water.
Cocoa butter to reduce dark color skin
Cocoa butter reduces dark color ankles and helps to retain lighten color ankles. This is also used to moisturize dry skin and give soft skin.
- Massage your ankles with cocoa butter. Do this for about 15 minutes and wash it with a mild soap.
Glycerin and rosewater used for skin lightening
Glycerin acts as a natural bleaching agent and having the property that is effectively used to lighten dark ankles.
- Add rose water to glycerin and blend it. Apply it to the ankles and leave it for about 45 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water.
Vinegar and curd has lactic acid property
Vinegar has acetic acid, which acts a bleaching agent for dark skin. Yogurt helps to exfoliate your skin with its lactic acid and also have a bleaching agent.
- Take 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 tablespoon of curd. Blend it well. Apply it to the ankles and leave it for a few minutes, use your judgment when to wash your ankles.
Turmeric clear impurities
Turmeric has antiseptic property that helps to clear impurities from the skin. Cucumber has a bleaching property to lighten skin tone.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to cucumber pulp and apply it to the ankles. Leave it for a few minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Hydrogen peroxide acts a cleanser
Hydrogen peroxide is most effective to get rid of the darkened area. This helps to lighten skin that knees become whiter. Apply hydrogen peroxide to the affected area. Wait till it dries and wash it off. You may repeat this two times in a day.
Pedicure at home
Do a regular pedicure with salt and shampoo.
- Add a pinch of salt and shampoo to warm water, lather it. Soak your feet in this liquid. Brush the ankles using a soft brush. Rinse it with cold water.
Most of the home remedies give an excellent result. Cucumber and olive oil work wonder. Try and see which one suits your skin type.
Lemon acts as a bleaching agent
Lemon is rich in bleaching properties. This acts as a natural extract that has antiseptic properties. It is best to get the clear and whitening skin. This is more effective for dark ankles and elbows.
- Cut 2-3 lemon pieces into halves. Squeeze out fresh lemon juice from them. Apply this lemon juice on the dark ankles. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Rinse it off with 30 minutes. Repeat the process two times a day. This helps to lighten the skin within 7 – 8 days.
Aloe vera gel for dark ankles to lighten
Aloe vera gel is best for skin problems as well as health too. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and other properties that help to reduce skin infections. Aloe vera gel is good to treat dark ankles.
- Take out the fresh aloe vera gel and apply it on dark ankles of your leg. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Rinse it off within 30 minutes. Wash it off or either take a shower after 30 minutes. Repeat the process daily to see your skin lightening around the ankle area.
Milk natural skin whitening agent
Milk is the best natural ingredient that helps for skin whitening. This is rich in Vitamins and fatty acids. Milk also helps to reduce dark skin tone.
- Take one tablespoon of rice flour and add it to 3 tablespoons of fresh milk. Mix them well and add a tablespoon of curd to form a smooth thick paste. Apply this paste on dark ankles and massage them for about 10 – 15 minutes. Leave it for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Repeat the process to see skin lightening around ankles for 10 days.
Homemade natural scrubber for dark ankle
This is the best ways to get whitening ankles. The natural scrubbing paste can be prepared with gram flour, rice flour, walnut shells, curd, lemon juice and milk.
- Mix all the ingredients well and prepare a thick paste. Apply this paste on dark ankles and massage them on your hands for about 10 minutes. Leave them until it becomes dry. Rinse it off with water. Repeat the process for a week to get better results.