Dark forehead, this usually happens due to exposure to the sun. This is called tanning and skin tends to protect it from the ultraviolet rays with the tan. Increase in Melanin in the skin makes skin darker. The skin overall gets tanned, but the discoloration on the forehead seems evident. This happens mostly in the summers, skin gets over exposed, and sunblock may work up to some extent. If your skin is hyper sensitive then, you may have to go through tanning. This can be treated with the home remedies instead of spending a bomb in the beauty salon for the treatment.
Home remedies to get rid of dark forehead / tanned forehead
Saffron and milk face pack for tanned skin
Saffron is the best and Ayurveda treatment for skin whitening and skin brightening. Saffron is best and has many health benefits. This helps to repair cell formation and works antidepressant that can minimize the chance of high blood pressure and heart disease. This also treats skin blemishes and acne. Thus, it also aids in the production blood cells. Saffron and milk offer plenty of benefits. This keeps you bone healthy and helps to beat stress. This also improves skin complexion, which is an excellent cleanser and shrinks the skin pores of your skin. This has potential, rich things to brighten the skin.
- Take 4 – 5 tablespoon of warm milk, some saffron strands and 2 – 3 drops of lime juice. Take milk and warm it up. Heat them mildly and add a few drops of lime juice to that warm milk. Saffron strands added into that mixture. Mix them well and apply it as a face pack. Make sure to cover the entire face, that includes ears and nose as the areas are likely to be tanned too. Leave it for about 5 – 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water and apply moisturizer to the skin.
Gram flour to get rid of forehead tanning
Gram flour or besan act as a very good scrub for skin.
- Add a little lemon juice to the gram flour and make a thick paste. Scrub your forehead for 10 minutes. Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process every day before bath.
- You could also mix milk or curd in besan and make a mixture.
Oil massage for sun tan on forehead
Mix olive oil, sesame oil and almond oil in equal quantities. Massage your forehead and leave it for less than a half hour. Scrub your forehead with gram flour and wash off with water.
Turmeric to remove tan from neck and face
Turmeric has amazing properties with amazing benefits. Turmeric can add a healthy glow to your skin. This helps to reduce pigmentation and sun tan.
- Add milk (raw) to turmeric and make a fine paste. Apply it to your forehead, leave it for 25 minutes and wash it with cold water.
Yogurt and orange juice face pack for tanned forehead
Yogurt and orange juice are the best home remedies to get rid of sun tan. Orange juice is rich in Vitamin C that helps to fight against skin blemishes. This helps to brighten skin tone and skin texture. Thus, orange juice removes sun tan and acts as an anti-ageing and skin tightening agent. Yogurt helps to make your skin soft and smooth.
- Prepare a mixture of orange juice and yogurt. Mix them well and apply it on your face. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Rinse it off with water. This helps to get rid of suntan on the skin.
Sugar scrub to remove sun tan from skin
Prepare a natural scrub at your home. Lemon is a natural skin lightening agent.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and glycerin make a scrub. Scrub it gently on your forehead. Wash it with lukewarm water. You will certainly notice a change and softer skin.
Cucumber to get rid of dark skin
Cucumber has an amazing skin-lightening property that helps in removing the sun tan.
- Extract cucumber juice (you can also use the pulp instead of making juice), lemon juice and rose water. Apply this mixture on your forehead and stay for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water and check out.
Aloe Vera and red lentils to get skin whitening
Red lentils, can you believe it? Yes, a combination of these makes a very good tan pack.
- Soak Red lentils for about 2 hours. Grind the red lentils, add the tomato pulp and aloe vera gel. Make a fine mixture. Apply to your forehead and wait for 25 minutes before washing.
Coconut water for suntanned skin
Coconut water is very good for the body in summer when you perspire, and get dehydrated. It is not only good as a drink, but works as a tan removing pack.
- Take a tender coconut, drink the water. Use the white portion which is more like a creamy to your forehead and keep it for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
Sandalwood to remove tanned skin on face
This is an age old remedy. It is said that, in the olden days, the ladies in the house used to apply the sandalwood paste and sleep overnight and used to retain the golden complexion. This is a natural cleanser which not only removes the dirt, but retains and rejuvenates the skin.
- Make a paste of sandalwood, add coconut water, and a few drops of almond oil. Apply this paste to your face. Keep it for about 20 minutes, see to it that it dries out evenly and then wash it off.
Sesame oil to remove sun tanned skin
Mix sesame oil, olive oil and almond oil in the ratio of 1:4 (4:1, meaning 4 spoons of sesame oil and 1 spoon of olive and almond). Apply and massage on the forehead for about 15 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water.
Fruit pack for sun tan skin
Papaya and Pineapple are very good for the skin. Eating papaya is both good for skin and eyes. A Mixture of these fruits acts as a tan removing pack.
- Blend papaya and pineapple, mix a little bit of honey and apply it to your forehead. Wash after half hour and see the result. This has to be repeated twice in a week.
That’s about it. I am an avid follower of the fruit pack, cucumbers and besan. Nothing can beat these. Home remedies are really good because they barely have side effects. So far, I never faced any kind of skin irritation of side effects. So, summer is almost over and a lot of you might have got tanned. Try out, whichever you feel comfortable with.