The condition when the blood pressure goes too low and the body begins to experience dizziness, fatigue, faintness, nausea, difficulty breathing, palpitations, cold and clammy skin. This condition is also called as hypotension. The ideal blood pressure for a physically fit person would be 120/80mm Hg. This doesn’t see, unhealthy as long the symptoms seem to be normal. When the readings look 90/60 mm Jg or lower, it is termed as low blood pressure. This will cause insufficient blood flow to brain, kidneys and heart. The causes can be anything varying from dehydration, prolonged bed rest, nutritional deficiencies, heart problems, pregnancy and neurological disorders. Also, medications lead to low blood pressure. There are home remedies to control low blood pressure.
Causes of low blood pressure
- Dehydration is the main cause of low blood pressure. You need to take a sufficient amount of fluids that helps to lose toxins from the body. Include lemon juice into your daily diet that helps to keep you healthy and hydrated.
- Heart issues can also cause low blood pressure. This is due to that the body not circulates properly. This can also occur due to the deficiency of nutrients. Lack of vitamins like B-12 and iron that leads to anemia can result in low blood pressure.
- Pregnancy is also one of the reasons for low blood pressure. Be careful and get yourself checked to become too frequent.
Symptoms of low pressure
- Blurred vision with giddiness
- Fatigue and pale skin
- Throat dryness and thirst
- Seizures, shortness of breath
Home remedies to control low blood pressure
Salt water to control blood pressure
Salt water is the best and quick treatment to treat low blood pressure. The present in salt increase the blood pressure. But, overdo is unhealthy. Don’t consume too much salt as it is not good for health. Take one half teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. Drink it. If you like, then you can also drink sports beverages for quick results.
Coffee to cure hypotension
Coffee is the best way to control low blood pressure. Have a cup of strong coffee, cola, hot chocolate, or any of the caffeinated beverages. This temporarily increases your blood pressure. Thus, it is can frequent suffer from low blood pressure. Drink a cup of coffee in the morning or you can have it along with your meals. This can especially deal with orthostatic hypotensions. But, don’t drink too much as it is not good for health. Make sure; do not make it a habit because of long term effects of caffeine, which is not clear.
Best home remedy with raisins
Raisins are the Ayurvedic treatment which is traditionally used to consider with an excellent source. This helps to treat hypotension naturally. Soak the raisins for about 30 – 40 in a cup of water. Leave them overnight. Strain the water and eat raisins in the morning. Eat one at a time on an empty stomach. Drink strained water. Repeat this home remedy for a few weeks or even a month. You can also go for consuming 4 – 5 almonds, 10 – 15 black currants and 15 – 20 peanuts along with a glass of warm milk, which is the best solution for low blood pressure.
Holy basil to cure blood pressure
Holy basil is the most beneficial treatment of hypotension. Holy basil is rich in Vitamin C, potassium, pantothenic acid and magnesium. This helps to balance the mind and can reduce stress. Extract juice from fresh 10 – 15 basil leaves. Take it and add one teaspoon of honey to it. Mix them well and drink this juice daily. Drink it on an empty stomach. Simply, you can also chew 4 – 5 basil leaves daily in the morning.
Licorice root to lower blood pressure
Licorice root is the most popular home remedy to get normalizing of low blood pressure. This can be caused due to low level of cortisol. Thus, it blocks the enzyme to break down cortisol. This also helps to support healthy adrenaline function. Thus, it is also effective in curing chronic fatigue syndrome. Prepare a licorice tea that can steep with one teaspoon of this herb that may be dried or powdered in a cup of boiling water. Leave it in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drink it daily for a few days. Other way, take 400 – 500 mg of licorice root capsules for a few days for better results.
Beetroot juice good for health
Beetroot juice helps to deal with high as low blood pressure. Thus, hypotension can be treated by drinking a cup of beetroot juice. Drink it twice a day for a week. You can also have some natural fruit juices that are helpful in regard.
Try rosemary to maintain blood pressure
- Rosemary is an herb. It helps in normalizing the blood pressure as it stimulates the central nervous system and improves blood circulation. 10 ml of rosemary tincture per day does the job of normalizing blood pressure in a short course of time. You can as well use rosemary oil added to your food.
Almonds and milk to combat low blood pressure
Almond and milk is the best home remedy of hypotension. Soak 5 – 6 almonds in water overnight. In the morning, peel them off and grind them into smooth paste. Almonds are rich in vitamins and minerals that help to be healthy. Boil the paste in a cup of milk. Drink it in a cup of this every morning. Almond with milk gives instant energy and helps to get rid of hypotension naturally. This is the best home remedy to control low blood pressure or hypotension naturally.
Lemon juice removes toxins and acids
Lemon juice is extremely effective in treating low blood pressure when the cause of it is dehydration. Add a little salt and sugar to lemon juice and drink it. This also helps in stimulating the liver function. Lemon juice mixed with sugar cane juice and salt also helps in lowering the hypertension.
How to raise low blood pressure with carrot juice
Take this as a first thing in the morning to lower your hypertension.
- Extract juice from fresh carrots.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and drink it. Drink this 2 times in a day. Make sure, this has to be taken on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening.
Cinnamon to increase blood pressure
Cinnamon is required to increase your blood pressure by including it in your daily diet. Consume cinnamon that can help to increase lower blood pressure with diabetes. Include cinnamon into your diet or by sprinkling it on your breakfast such as cereal, coffee, and oatmeal. Cinnamon enhances the flavor of stir fries, stews, and curries.
Ginger good to improve blood flow
Ginger helps to control blood pressure that helps to improve blood circulation. This also helps to relax the muscles and blood vessels. Ginger has versatile ingredient that can be used in sweet. Grate and add some fresh ginger into stir-fries, soups, and noodle or vegetable dishes, desserts or tea to get any refreshing taste.
Epsom salts flushes toxins
Epsom salts are rich in sulfates and magnesium. Sulfates help to flush out toxins from the body and absorb some essential nutrients. Magnesium helps to ease the stress that can regulate body enzymes and prevents arteries. This can increase in the formation of blood clots. Epsom salt can normalize blood pressure in case of hypotension. You just dissolve 1 – 1.5 kilograms of Epsom salt in warm bathing water. You should immerse in water for about 20 minutes. This helps to get better sleep that can normalize your low blood pressure.
Garlic purifies blood
Garlic is the best ingredient to purify blood and has a pungent smell. Garlic flavors your food that can ruin your breath. It has the ability to lower your blood pressure that causes blood vessels to relax and dilate. Garlic improves your blood flow and lower blood pressure. Include fresh garlic in your recipes. Simple eat 3 -4 raw garlic on an empty stomach can also reduce low blood pressure.
Few tips to remember and to avoid
- Exercise regularly for good blood circulation. To improve the circulation, pump your feet and ankles a few times before raising up, and then proceed slowly. When getting up from the bed, sit upright on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before standing up.
- Eat diet high in salt.
- Drink nonalcoholic fluids.
- Drink more fluids during hot weather and while you are sick.
- It is good to elevate the head of your bed by keeping stones or bricks under the head of bed.
- Avoid lifting.
- Avoid straining on the toilet.
- Avoid hot water showers, if you do it overly.
- If you feel dizzy, just be seated. Keep a chair or a stool in your washroom as a safety measure. Often, do not lock yourself in the toilet.
- Eating smaller and frequent meals help up to some extent.
- Cut down on the carbohydrates. Take a rest after eating.
These are age old remedies that have proven to be effective. However, if these do not suit you or work for you, try and visit your physician for help. Do not neglect.