Cracked heels are a problem that can arise due to various reasons. The cracked heels may also have itching, burning sensation and pain. It is very embarrassing to wear a nice pair of sandals which expose the heel area. So, ungroomed right. Like our other parts of the body, heels also require some nourishment. Zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, calcium and iron are few minerals that heels would need to be in a good condition. We stand on them the whole day, why not take proper care of them. If you have cracked heels, treat them first and later prevent this from happening again. What do you think? I think it is possible to take out time and treat the awful heels. So, here are a few home remedies that can cure your cracked heels.
Home remedies for cracked heels
Treating cracked heels in Ayurvedic way
According to Ayurveda, the cracked heels are due to the extreme heat in the digestive system. Hence, go by herbal way of cooling the stomach.
- Take cumin seeds, and coriander seeds, Roast and make a powder of these. Mix these powders, add candy sugar or amla (gooseberry) powder. Mix them well and store it in an airtight container. Take equal quantities of all the contents. Mix half spoon in a half cup of water and drink daily. You can take this 3 times in a day.
Glycerin and rosewater treatment for heels
Glycerin is a natural moisturizer. Adding rose water to it makes a good remedy. You can also put some lime juice.
- Take a quarter cup of glycerin and add 3 quarters rose water. Mix it well. Add lemon juice to the mixture.
- Take some warm water, add salt. Soak your feet for about 30 minutes, wash with a brush gently. Use pumice stone to peel off the dead skin, wash with cold water and pat dry.
- Apply the glycerin mixture your heels. Do this every day before you hit the sack.
Milk and honey to get soft feet
Take milk and honey in the ratio of 2:1, hence, use your judgment to make a mixture and soak your feet for about 25 minutes.
- Mix milk and honey well in a deep basin to soak your feet. Wash it with warm water. Apply moisturizer.
Neem leaves for cracked heels
Neem is an excellent anti-bacterial plant. Adding turmeric to it makes a very good remedy to cure cracked heels.
- Crush the neem leaves and make a paste. Mix turmeric to the neem paste and apply it to the cracked heels, allow it to dry for an hour. Wash off with water and pat dry. You may use this remedy every day if the heels are in real bad condition.
Rice flour scrub
Rice flour, along with honey and apple, cider vinegar makes a good homemade scrub for your feet.
- Take rice flour, honey and ACV in the ratio of 3:1. If you are taking 3 tablespoons of rice flour, add 1 tablespoon of honey and ACV to the mixture. Make it a fine paste.
- Firstly, soak your feet in warm water. With the help of a scrubber, peel off the dead skin.
- Take the mixture and apply it on the heels and rub softly. Do this for about 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water and pat dry. Use this scrub every day for soft heels.
Aloe Vera gel to get rid of cracked heels
Last but not the least, I will not end my article without the help if aloe vera.
- Take 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, one teaspoon of tulsi leaves (holy basil) and 1 teaspoon of powdered camphor to make a mixture.
- Crush the basil leaves, mix turmeric and camphor powder. Add aloe vera gel to this mixture. Apply this to the cracked heels and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water. You can do this on a daily basis for heeling the cracked heels.
Best to treat cracked heels with lemon juice
Lemon juice is the best Exfoliator and is rich in acetic acid. This helps to remove dead skin, cracked heels, and dry skin. Lemon juice helps to soften the heels. Lemon can be used in numerous forms to reduce cracking heels. Take a fresh lemon and squeeze juice from it. Take a basin of warm water and add lemon juice into it. Mix them well. Soak your feet in it for about 20 minutes. Another way is to take a fresh papaya and mash it into smooth paste. Add some lemon juice into that paste. Apply this paste as a mask to your heels. Leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes. This helps to soften the skin. Wash it off with water. Alternatively, take a fresh lemon and cut it into two halves. Massage your feet with half lemons for about 5 minutes. Wash it off with water and then moisturize your feet.
Banana mask to heal cracked heels
Banana is the best essential moisturizer to prevent cracked heels. Take a ripe banana and smash them into a smooth paste. Before applying this mask, make sure to cleanse your feet with water. And let it dry naturally. Massage with the banana paste on cracked heels for about 5 minutes. Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. You can just soak your feet in cold water for about 5 minutes. This helps to close the skin pores and gives moisture retention. Repeat it twice a week for better results.
Alternatively, take a ripe banana and smash it into smooth paste. In the similar way smash avocado. Mix both the pastes. Apply this paste to your dry feet. Massage your cracked heels for about 5 minutes. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Wash it off with water. Repeat this process for at least twice a weeks.
Honey is the best home remedy to moisturize your skin
Honey has best moisturizing and nourishing properties due to the antibacterial properties. This helps to heal cracked heals. Take ½ cup of honey and a tub of warm water. Mix them well and soak your feet for about 15 – 20 minutes. Foot soaking fights against bacteria and removes dust from the skin and cleanses cracked heals. Repeat it twice a week for better results.
So, how is the home made remedies? Next time before running to a beauty salon for a nice pedicure, try these out first. They are wonderful home remedies. The beauty salons advertise their innumerable treatments which of course cost a bomb. It is not only about the money, crack free heels will not last long. I mean the effect does not stay long. I have listed the remedies that are very simple techniques and easy to do. Rice flour scrub is something that I have tried a few times and the result is amazing. Go ahead and try the ones you like after reading this.