Dark circles are a result of bad sleep, bad routine, late night sleep, insufficient sleep etc. All are related to sleep, in turn related to the life style. It is also because of the aging, heredity, crying, stress and last but not the least is sitting for long hours in front of your computer. Nowadays, it is inevitable because we work on our computers day in and day out. Let us see remedies to get rid of these dark circles and also few to avoid getting them in the first place.
Home remedies to get rid of under eye dark circles
Try cucumber on affected area
One of the first things that come to our minds is used of cucumber. Isn’t it. I am sure most of you must have come across this tip.
- Slice the cucumber and place on your eyes for about a half hour and relax. You may listen to soft music.
- You can also extract pulp and apply to the affected area.
Potato acts as a bleaching agent
Potato, who doesn’t like it. Hence, it is available in our home any time. It has bleaching agent which lightens the dark circles.
- Make a thick slice of a potato and place it on your eyes.
- Extract juice from a couple of potatoes, soak cotton for a few minutes, and rub under and around your eyes. Wash with cold water.
This can be repeated twice a week.
Almond oil good for skin
It has Vitamin E which is very good for skin overall.
- Gently massage around the eyes with almond oil just before bed. Massage it till is absorbed in the skin. Do not wash.
- Next day morning, wash with cold water.
Rose water on eyes
Rose water is like a mild astringent.
- Dip the cotton swab and rub the area gently.
- You may also soak cotton for a few minutes and later place the cotton on your eyes.
Tomato acts as a bleaching agent
Tomatoes act as a bleaching agent. This lightens the dark circles.
- Extract tomato juice, add equal quantities of lemon juice and tomato juice and make a mixture. Apply this mixture to the dark circles.
- You can also consume tomato juice with a little lemon in it. It is a good way to treat your dark circles.
Coconut oil good for dark circles
It is a natural moisturizer. It lightens the dark circles.
- Gently massage the area around eyes and leave it for at least a couple of hours. Wash off with cold water.
Lemon juice to give radiant skin
Citrus has Vitamin C that helps keeping the skin radiant. It also lightens the dark circles.
- Mix lemon water in besan (gram flour), tomato puree and turmeric. Make a fine paste and apply it to the affected area. Relax for about 20 minutes and wash.
- Rubbing the lemon around your eyes also helps.
Turmeric can lighten skin tone
Its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties help lighten the dark circles.
- Make pineapple juice and add 2 spoons of turmeric, make a fine paste. Apply it to the affected area. You may repeat this till you see a change.
- Add honey and olive oil to turmeric, apply it in the dark circles for a few minutes. Wash off. Do not use soap immediately to remove the strong color of turmeric. The effect of turmeric stays on, so let it be for a few hours.
Eye pack to remove dark circles
Eye pack is the best ingredient to soothe dark circles. Take some grounded fresh coconut, few drops of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of grated cucumber, 1 teaspoon of fresh cream, and 2 teaspoons of china clay. Mix them well to form a thick paste. Store it a fridge and then use this paste to cover the eyes just like a mask. Lie down and relax well to cool place. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with milk or water.
Cold compress treatment
Cold compress helps to improve blood flow in vessels. Dark circles are shown to give your skin near the eyes is thinner. Shrink your blood vessels that help of dark circles. Apply cold compress in the area around your eyes. This helps to get rid of dark circles. Apply cold milk, iced water, and ice bag as cold compressor. You can also use chilled potato, pineapple, and cucumber that is effective to get rid of dark circles under eyes. Take some cold water or cold milk. Soak washed cloth in any one of them. Lie down and close your eyes. Place that cold washed cloth on eyes and leave it until it loses its coldness. Soak it and place them on the eyes. Repeat this process for 10 – 15 minutes of 3 – 4 days.
Buttermilk to get rid of dark circles
Buttermilk has lactic acid and probiotic acid. They help to shed skin which has astringent properties to reduce dark circles under the skin. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory property to prevent dark circles around eyes. Take ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of buttermilk. Mix them well and apply the paste on your dark circles. Leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Orange juice for glowing skin
Orange juice is the best effective home remedy to remove dark circles. Blend juice from the orange and add a few drops of glycerin into it. Mix them well and apply it on dark circles. This remedy gives you the best results. It helps to remove dark circles and gives a natural glowing skin around eyes.
These are few home remedies that really work well. Why do you have to run to a beauty salon when you have effective home remedies too? Take out some time to actually pamper yourself at home. I have never been a victim of dark circles fortunate, but I heard from a few friends that cucumbers and potatoes are great and do wonders. Have proper sleep, keep your phone aside for a few hours, and give rest to the phone too. If you are a person who wears make-up, it is essential to remove or cleanse your face and wash your eyes thoroughly. Limit your exposure to the sun, or use a good sunblock cream. Have plenty of water and fluids. It is a weekend and I understand you would want to cover your favorite sitcom or some movie, do it during the day. Avoid staying up late in the nights. Sleep is essential, once can still bear to stay without food but not sleep.