The dark and brown spots appear on the skin are called freckles. They are a symptom of skin damage. Excessive exposures to sunlight, ageing, genetic and hormonal imbalance is all the causes of freckles. Freckles can be treated with home remedies.
Home remedies to remove freckles
Best home remedy for freckles with honey
Honey is a skin lightening agent. It also acts as a great moisturizing agent.
- Mix honey and water and heat it slightly.
- Apply it to the affected area and wait for a few minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you could add yogurt to honey and make a mask.
Papaya for freckles
Papaya is very good for skin and for the eyes too.
- Extract papaya juice and apply it to the affected and massage.
- You can also take the pulp of papaya and apply it to the freckles. Wash off with water after half hour. Baby Oil:
How to get rid of freckles with buttermilk?
Buttermilk works as a bleach and also lightens darker skin tone.
- Apply buttermilk and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Repeat it every day.
- Mix oatmeal with buttermilk and apply it to the affected areas. Wash off with water after it gets dried.
Ways to prevent freckles with castor oil
Castor oil helps in making the skin tone even.
- Apply castor oil before sleep. Leave it through the night.
- Use a tissue paper to clean it, later wash off with warm water.
- You can also use olive oil to do the same.
Horseradish to remove freckles
Horseradish is rich in Vitamin C, it removes fading freckles naturally. It is a good anti-oxidant too.
- Extract horseradish juice, dab cotton and apply it to the freckles for 10 minutes. Wash off with normal water.
- Boil horseradish in milk. Cool and strain it, apply this residue to the spots and leave it for 15 minutes and wash normally. Repeat this 4 times in a week.
Eggplant to remove blemishes
Eggplant is also rich in anti-oxidants and helps in the removal of the blemishes and dark spots.
- Cut the eggplant, apply it on the blemishes and massage in a circular motion for 10 minutes. Repeat this daily for a week, you can notice a change.
Sesame Seeds for dark spots on skin
A mixture of sesame seeds and turmeric help in removing the freckles.
- Make a powder of sesame seeds and add turmeric to it. Take equal quantities.
- Make a fine paste, apply it evenly on the freckles and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water. You may repeat this daily.
Lemon to lighten skin tone
The citric acid of the lemons can lighten the freckles. Most of the citrus fruits work as skin lightening agents. You can directly apply the lemon juice to the freckles and wash off.
- Lemon juice and salt, honey pack- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 1 tablespoon of salt and add a pinch of salt, make a fine mixture. Apply it to the freckles. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Mulberry extract restricts melanin
Mulberry extracts contain arbutin, which restricts the growth of melanin. It is said that the purest form works very well and a good skin toner.
- Take mulberry and licorice root extracts. Mix it well. Massage your face with this mixture for a few minutes.
Cucumber has a skin lightening agent
Cucumbers are amazing either in salads or treating skin problems. Their skin-lightening properties help with skin toning. Its bleaching properties, adds glow to the skin.
- Apply cucumber seed oil on your freckles and wash off after 30 minutes.
- Apply the cucumber juice on the freckles and rinse off after 20 minutes.
Both the herbs are excellent in removing the freckles and toning the skin. It has salicylic acid, which sheds epidermal layer of your skin. It helps in removing the dead cells too. Mint is an anti-oxidant with vitamins A and C which helps in enhancing the complexion to a fairer one.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it.
- Make a paste of mint, add this to the mashed banana.
- Apply this mask to the face. Once you begin to see that the pack melts, it is time to wash off with normal water.
Tomato juice to reduce freckles
The tomato is rich in water content and helps to cleanse dirt and germ on the skin. Take a large ripe tomato and wash it off with water. Cut it into half and mash it to a smooth paste. Apply this pulp directly on the affected skin with freckles by using the tip of the index finger. Massage your skin and allow the juice to enter into the skin pores. After the massage, leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes and rinse it off with water. You should not use soap on the skin for 2 hours. Repeat this easy home remedy twice a day for two weeks.
Fruit peels to remove freckles
Fruit peel pack is prepared by blending strawberries and kiwi fruits together. Blend them well and apply it over your face or the affected skin. Leave it until it is dry. Peel off the damaged layer of your skin to fade with a dried fruit peel pack. Gently cleanse the dried mask and that will help to peel the damaged skin cells. Rinse your face with normal water.
Almond oil massage to reduce freckles on the skin
Almond oil is rich in various skin lightening properties. This is good for health as well as beauty care. Almond oil is rich in products such as Vitamin B2, E, B6, phytosterols, fatty acids, and minerals. Almond oil helps to prevent wrinkles and gives a natural glowing skin. Take some almond oil in a bowl and heat it indirectly. Means you can apply some heat by dipping the almond oil poured bowl into hot water. Make sure that no water enters into the oil bowl. A massage with this warm oil on the affected skin. Massage it for about 15 minutes before going to bed. In the morning, wash it off with water. Repeat this process 2 – 3 weeks once a day before going to bed.
Onion to get rid of freckles
Onion is best to remove freckles and also reduces brown spots due to sulfur that helps to exfoliate your skin. Take a red onion and cut it into slices. Rub the slice gently on freckles twice a day. Continue this home remedy until the freckles fade away. There is another option that grates one red onion and extracts juice. Apply this juice on the affected skin. Repeat it twice a day. For better results, add one teaspoon of vinegar to onion juice. Repeat this home remedy daily for one or two weeks.
Eggplant to reduce freckles
Eggplant is rich in antioxidant and helps to remove freckles and is less noticeable. Take an eggplant and cut it into thick pieces. Place the slices over the affected skin. Gently, rub this eggplant slices in circular motion and leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes. Repeat this home remedy for a week. Thus, the freckles appear to be lightening after a few weeks.
Sour milk and sour cream to remove freckles
Sour cream and milk helps to remove freckles from your skin. This is rich in lactic acid and helps to prevent sour milk or cream. Lactic acid has an inhibiting tyrosinase property to lighten your skin. Tyrosinase is an enzyme that is responsible for producing melanin and some other pigments present in your body. The synthetic tyrosinase inhibitors too are used in the commercially made skin lightening cosmetics. It has the natural property to prevent freckles. The lactic acid is the one of natural tyrosinase inhibitors the helps to prevent overproduction of tyrosinase enzyme. This helps to prevent hyperpigmentation of skin. Simply, wash your face with sour milk followed by water. Leave for some time and repeat the process 3 – 4 times a day. Apply sour cream to your face and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes. Thus, the cream gets absorbed by the skin. Rinse your face with water. Apply some moisturizer and protect your skin from the sun, if you have dry skin. Daily repeat the process to fade away freckles. This reduces the frequency bringing that to once or twice a week.
I have my aunt who has this problem and a recurring one as she used some cream. She has dumped all those creams and took to home remedies. I have seen a noticeable change in the skin tone. The freckles have faded away over a period of time. So, all these are tested and trusted.