Dhokla is a nutritious snack, and a vegetarian food item of Gujarat state. Dhokla can be eaten as breakfast, main course or a side dish.They are very fluffiest, spongy and soft, this recipe is also very very easy to implement.
Did you people never made dhokla before? So here we have got the procedure for your just follow the simple instructions and practice it a bit.
- Bengal gram flour/ besan /chickpea flour = 2 cups
- Yogurt =1cup
- Salt = to taste
- Sugar = 1tsp
- Cooking/baking soda/soda bicarbonate = 1tsp
- Semolina = 1tsp
- Lemon juice = 1tbsp
- Oil = 2tbsps
- Turmeric powder/haldi = ½ tsp
- Green chilli, ginger paste = 1tsp
- Mustard Seeds = 1 tsoop
- Sesame Seeds = 1 tsoop
- Chopped Green Chilies = 1tsp
- Curry Leaves, chopped = 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida = A Pinch
- Oil = 2tbsps
- Grated Coconut
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Take a large empty bowl.
- Add gram flour (besan), semolina, yogurt, salt and 1 cup of warm water.
- Mix it well, avoiding lumps.
- Leave it aside for 3-4 hrs to ferment.
- For the gram flour gets fermented, Add green chilli-ginger paste, turmeric powder and mix.
- Take small bowl add – spoon of oil, baking soda, lemon juice and mix
- Add the mix to the gram flour batter and stir vigorously till it becomes foamy.
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with oil, pour this batter into the greased mould and place it in oven on the high power for 5-6min, remove the bowl and check it if the dhokla is not cooked place it again in oven for 1-2 mins.
- Remove the bowl for the oven and cool it.
- When little cool, cut into the squares.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Later add mustard seeds and fry, when the mustard seeds start splutter add sesame seeds, chopped green chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida(hing).
- Fry well and spread this seasoning on the dhokla pieces
- Transfer them into the serving bowls and garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.