Endometriosis is the main problem observed by many women and girls worldwide. The tissues inside the uterus, which is grown outside uterine cavity this process is causes endometrial. It can also grow on the ovaries, even on bowel and even in the linings of the pelvis. The endometrial tissues help in following menstrual cycle which is due to hormonal changes which happens in the body. There is no way existence from the body, and the tissues get entrapped which may also cause irritation and even causes scars and adhesions. This lead to severe pains at the time of periods which may even lead to further problems of fertility, both this process has major impact on our life. The women and girls of all ages are facing this risk of endometriosis. It is mainly observed during menstruation, even the backflow of menstrual fluid is also playing a key role in sustaining. The major factors which may result in endometriosis can be even genetically, even a weak immune system too. Some environmental toxins may also affect body and even the reproductive system.
Symptoms of endometriosis
Pelvic pain, cramping at the time of menstruation, pain at the time of sexual intercourse, fatigue, infertility, swollen abdomen and digestive problem like indigestion, constipation, nausea, etc., are common symptoms of the endometriosis.
- Abnormal increase in cycles, large clots and heavy menstruation with pain
- Burning, lower abdominal, and back pain
- Due to painful sexual intercourse
- Ovarian and abdomen swelling
- Pain while urinating and bowel movements
- Bleeding after intercourse and infertility.
Causes of endometriosis
Genetic problems: The problem from mother or sisters who have endometriosis. Women having low progesterone and change in certain chromosomes cause endometriosis.
Liver functionality: Liver helps to balance estrogen levels. This also helps to remove estrogens from the body. Liver diseases increase the risk of endometriosis.
Retrograde menstrual flow: The endometrial tissue flows back through the Fallopian tubes and travels into the abdominal cavity. This causes the displacement of endometrial cells and they are attached to the other areas of the abdominal cavity. Some immunological and hereditary are the reasons for the development of endometriosis.
Chemical compounds: Some toxins present in the environment have the chances to cause endometriosis. Chemicals and compounds in the environment react in the body and lead to imbalances.
Immunological factors: Immunological is one of the reasons for the development of endometriosis and infertility. The elevated levels like cytokines, lymphocytes, and macrophages present in the peritoneal fluid of women. There is a difference found in the immune system’s function that it may increase the number of peritoneal macrophages. This increase will decrease T-cell activity and acts as natural killer cells that increase antibodies and alter the cytokine network function.
Lymphatic flow: The endometrial tissue is spread throughout the body with the lymphatic system.
Following the home remedies for endometriosis, which will help in getting routine life better at age of 45 to 55.
Top best home remedies for endometriosis
Best natural home remedy with castor oil
An ancient remedy for the natural phenomenon of endometriosis is castor oil. The excess tissues and even the toxins related can be eradicated through the castor oil. The severity of the symptoms can be reduced through castor oil.
Let make a mixture of lavender oil and even castor oil with it. Then soak a cloth in it and fold it and heat it in microwave till they are comfortably warm. Place this warm cloth on the stomach. You can even place a plastic over cloth and place a hot water bottle on top. Use pack at least for almost 30 to 60 minutes. Then wash off the oil with warm water. It is advised not to use this remedy at the time you are facing menstrual flow.
Pelvic massage with natural oils
The pelvic area and even the lower abdomen should be properly massaged with essential oils like lavender or can be recommended, sandalwood can even be used and help with relaxation and soothing off the minor pain which is associated with endometriosis.
Take a rest on body and even stretch on body. Rub essential oil on stomach like lavender oil and then massage for almost five to ten minutes. Try this once a day.
Flaxseed treats endometrosis
Flaxseeds are also very beneficial in the treatment of endometriosis. The antioxidant and omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseeds help slow the growth of abnormal endometrial tissue. Plus, flaxseeds help the body eliminate harmful toxins.
Take three to four tablespoons of flax seeds in a cup of water and soak it overnight. Drain it and then drink that water the next morning. Use this remedy for almost till the symptoms subsidies.
You can also have flaxseed mixed with yogurt, smoothies and even with soups and salads.
Try turmeric as herbal
Turmeric can be considered as the herbal medicine, which comprise of curcumin that have strong anti-inflammatory advantage and is very helpful in the treatment of endometriosis.
Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and ginger powder in two cups of boiling water and you may also add honey and lemon juice to it. Drink this liquid at least once every day till you get rid of this pain.
Intake of turmeric powder or capsules of it can help in. Just intake three times a day. It is better to avoid turmeric remedies if you are having blood-thinning medications.
Asparagus with folic acid
Asparagus or Shatavari in best remedy, as it is rich in folic acid, and can be very useful in the treatment of anemia as well as endometriosis caused by a deficiency of folic acid. And it will even help in alleviating pain, like cramps as it comprises of vitamin E content.
Use asparagus powder and mix it in a glass of warm water. Drink twice this milk for better and positive results
To try these home remedies and get rid of endometrial pain in just few days.
Reduces symptoms with sitz bath
Sitz bath is commonly recommended for home remedies as it reduces the symptoms of endometriosis. The hot bath relaxes the pelvic muscles, reduces the cramps and pain.
Fill one tub with warm water and one with cold water. Add 10 drops of rosemary oil to each tub. Sit in the warm water tub for 5 minutes, ensure that water is till the waist. Then sit in the cold water tub. Repeat the same for about 4 to 5 rounds. You can follow this remedy for 4 times in a week.
Chamomile tea best to relax
It is an herb which has anti-spasmodic property. This can help relax the uterus by controlling the contractions.
Take 1 cup of boiled water, dip chamomile tea bag and cover it. Wait for 15 minutes. Add honey or lemon juice to this mixture and consume it. Take this potion a week before your menstrual cycle.
Ginger control blood cramps
Ginger helps in controlling the menstrual cramps. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in reducing the inflammation. Primarily, it helps in clearing the liver from excess toxins. It also gives relief from nausea.
Make ginger tea and drink 3 times during the day. Add ginger to water and heat it. Drink this tea, it will relax the pain. You can also try chewing raw ginger as much as you can for relief.
Exercise is best for health
It is a little challenging to exercise during or before the cycle, but the exercise releases endorphins, a pain killer. Walking also helps. Yoga is a good idea to reduce these cramps. You must follow a good schedule of your day so that you can practice yoga.
Omega 3 fatty acids good food
Omega 3 fatty acids are found in some foods such as mackerel, anchovies, salmon, and sardines. They are rich in fish oil capsules that have PCB’s and dioxins. Fish oil is rich in EPA and DHA compounds that helps to relieve pain and also decreases the levels of an inflammatory chemical called prostaglandin E2.
Reduce stress to be healthy
Stress is the main cause of cortisol levels and also affects progesterone levels. The production of progesterone is due to the hormone and cortisol and leads to hormonal imbalances. This increases the risk of developing endometriosis. Yoga, breathing techniques, and meditation are the methods to reduce stress and helps in the reduction of endometriosis.
Apart from these remedies, women should maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid excess weight and other complications. Avoid alcohol, do not smoke, and avoid white sugar, white flour, white rice and soy products. These home remedies are age old ones and certainly give relief.
Best diet tips for endometriosis
- Best nutrient dense whole foods such as lentils, beans, vegetables, seeds, brown rice, oats, fruits, soya beans, tofu, legumes, seaweeds, nuts, quinoa and millet.
- Include plenty of oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel and tuna. There are some other types like linseeds, flaxseeds, nuts and raw shelled hemp seeds. They are rich in anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids. These are the best essential fats that are vital for hormonal balance.
- Eat pineapple for anti-inflammatory bromelain.
- Choose zinc rich foods such as nuts, fish eggs, wheat germ and brewer’s yeast. Zinc is best for hormonal balance and healing.
- Vitamin E is important for hormone balancing, healing and anti-inflammatory effects. The best sources of Vitamin E are olive oil, avocados and sesame oil.
- You need to add lots of fresh and green herbs into your cooking as a gentle anti-inflammatory spices, turmeric and ginger.
- Avoid alcohol and coffee. As coffee can inhibit mineral absorption and can disrupt the female hormone balance that is possibly worsening the symptoms.
- Consume lots of beta carotene rich foods such as pumpkin, squash, sweet potatoes, apricots, yams and carrots.
- Choose some liver building foods such as artichokes, sauerkraut, cherries, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and apples. The liver is often implicated in conditions that can indicate hormonal imbalances.
- You can choose Vitamin C that is rich in berries like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and gooseberries. Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory and has healing effect.
- The magnesium rich foods like dark green leafy veggies, parsley, prunes, figs, dates, nuts, seeds, apples, alfalfa, wheat germ, seaweeds: dulse and nori, dandelion greens, kelp, almonds, brazil nuts, lemons, watercress, millet, artichokes, avocados, cashews, celery, oatmeal, black-eyed peas, lentils, lima beans, brown rice, kale and spinach. Magnesium deficiency is often implicated in female hormonal problems. Magnesium is a great relaxing effect on the muscles and nerves that help to reduce pain and tension.
- Heavy bleeding leads to iron deficiency and anemia. So, it is better to drink nettle tea to gain iron. The other sources are red meat, fish, chicken, lentils, figs, prunes, Kombu, watercress and rye.
- Drink plenty of water, dandelion tea, which helps the live and nettle tea to maintain iron levels up. Add Siberian ginseng tea to get refreshed from stress.
- Avoid sugary and baked goods that will create inflammation in the body.