Dry skin has been observed normal, particularly in the elderly. It is normally a minor issue, yet may bring about uneasiness in the body. Your skin needs moisturizer to stay smooth. As you age, holding dampness in the skin turns out to be more troublesome. Your skin may get to be dry and unpleasant as it loses water and oils. Dry skin is more painful and irritating in the chilly winter months. Alter everyday routine by scrubbing down with lukewarm water and by utilizing creams can help forestall xerosis cutis.
Symptoms of dry skin
- Skin appears as dry, scaly, rough, dehydrated, brittle or shrunken
- Skin tightness
- Red or pink skin
- White and flaky skin
- Fine lines, red or cracks in the skin
Causes for dry skin
- Over using of scrubbing and other cleansing of the skin
- Hot water bath or showers
- Frequent bathing
- Vigorous towel drying
- Living in low humidity areas
- Living in the cold in dry winters
- Central heating in home or workplace
- Drink plenty of water
- High sun exposure
Following are some home remedies which can save you from allergies of some expensive medications or lotions.
Home remedies for dry skin (Xerosis)
Coconut oil to reduce skin dryness
Coconut oil is a prominent option for treating dry skin. It has a decent measure as it contains some unsaturated fats that make up for any loss of oils from the skin.
How to use it?
Generously apply warm coconut oil everywhere on your body before going to rest. Wash it off in the morning. Do this day by day as it makes the skin, delicate and smooth. Apply coconut oil on your dry skin after you wash up or shower. When the skin is warm and exited from your shower, coconut oil is all the more promptly ingested. Try this everyday to soothe skin.
Yogurt for dry skin
Yogurt is a one of the most fabulous skin-hydrating operators. It has cancer prevention agent and help in the treatment of bothersome skin. Likewise, its comprise of lactic acid substance which aides dispose germs or microscopic organisms that may bring about dryness or irritation.
How to use it?
Apply new yogurt staring you in the face, face and legs and rub it into your skin. Leave it on for 10 minutes and after that take a long shower. The shedding activity done by yogurt will uproot the dry skin and leave your skin revived. Try this every day.
Blend one-half measure of yogurt and three tablespoons of papaya. Blend in a couple drops each of honey and lemon juice. Apply it on your skin and abandon it on for 10 minutes prior to washing it off with frosty water. Try this everyday at least once.
Honey to get rid of itchy skin
Nectar is viewed as one of the best characteristic lotions stacked with cell nourishment, antimicrobial, and with moisturizing properties too. Accordingly, it helps secure the oil in the skin to make skin delicate and smooth. Honey has numerous vitamins and minerals that help enhancing the skin quality.
How to use it?
Before taking a shower, rub honey straightforward everywhere on your body and massage it on for five to 10 minutes. Repeat it every day to get a perfect and saturated skin.
Take appropriate amount of honey, beeswax, and olive oil. Melt the beeswax. Add honey and afterward the olive oil. Apply this blend everywhere on your body and massage it on for 15 minutes. Repeat this everyday for a couple of days and see the result.
Milk cream for healthy skin
Milk cream contains lactic corrosive which helps in peeling off of dry skin. The milk cream additionally helps in protection of skin’s fragile pH levels. Milk cream is considered as best lotion for the skin.
How to use it?
Blend a couple drops of lemon squeeze, with one teaspoon of milk and even add two teaspoons of milk cream. Massage it on the face and legs. Massage it on for some time and scrub down. Try this daily for a week for best results.
To beautify your skin add enough cream to three to four tablespoons of gram flour to make a thick paste type mixture. Apply the paste on influencing part and massage it on for 15 to 20 minutes and after that wash it off with lukewarm water. Try this daily for a week.
Olive oil treatment for dry skin
Olive oil contains numerous cell growth factors and some of the bound unsaturated fats that are very much useful for your skin. It can calm and condition dry skin of body.
How to use it?
Spot a layer of olive oil under as lotion and rub it all over body.
Around a 30 minutes prior to cleaning up, rub some olive oil. Scrub down and after that apply a light lotion.
So say bye to your dry skin and glow your skin in just minutes with the use of such amazing remedies.
Preventions of dry skin
- You can always keep the indoor temperature at about 68 degree Fahrenheit during the winter.
- Use a gentle cleanser without any dyes, fragrances or alcohol.
- Wood heat is very hot to get really warm that is extremely dry. Avoid toasting yourself in front of a wood stove or a fire.
- Pat your skin dry after a shower with a towel instead of rubbing the towel hardly on your body.
- Always stay out of direct sunlight as it causes dryness and leads to skin cancer. You can use a facial moisturizer that contains sun blocking agents.
- Drink plenty of water to be hydrated.
- You have to use a moisturizer after your bath and use a moisturizer to trap moisture and change the surface of the skin.
- You can use an oil based moisturizer lotion during winter.
- Avoid using air conditioning whenever possible from a humid environment into an air-conditioned room with a relative humidity that causes water to be lost from your skin.
- It is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion while going out. Use humidifier that helps to increase the moisture of the air in your home.
- It is better to use liquid soap and milder than most soap bars for healthy skin.