If you are going to choose a sari for yourself, it is important to select particular fabric and color that goes with her body shape and complexion of women. Sari being one of the attractive outfits of the ladies must be draped in a proper way in order to view well. Sari can easily hide all the flaws of your body if chosen the right fabric and color. Let us find out some interesting tips with regards to complexion and body structure of a lady.
A right choice and carefully draped saree can hide all imperfections of a woman’s silhouette while highlighting her best features or assets. Follow some tips to chose and draping a saree for your personality to enhance your natural beauty. An ideal saree for any woman is the one that lightens her skin tone. Wearing a saree according to your body weight, shape and structure matters really a lot to bring out the grace. Wearing saree can hide your flaws and make you look beautiful when you choose right saree.
[ Hindi version ]
Saree for tall women
- If you then tall choose a saree with bold colors, large prints and broad & heavy borders.
- Saree with large prints also good to make you look shorter.
- Cotton saree, raw silk saree and pure silk saree are also ideal.
- Sheer sarees with net & lace work and embellished with heavy border gives taller and slim women gorgeous and sexier look.
- Heavy borders in contrast, are quite trendy nowadays.
- Tall and slim women have more option to choose from saris.
Saree for short women
- Select a saree for short women that creates an apparition of length.
- Saree with light colors, short borders and vertical prints is a great choice.
- Light colors, prints in vertical designs and with short or no borders will make you look tall.
- Try to avoid sarees with large border will make you look short.
- Chiffon, georgette, shimmer, and silk sarees are ideal for short women.
Saree for overweight women
- Any kind of light weight sarees like georgette sarees, chiffon sarees, crepe sarees are best.
- Heavy Mysore silk saree is a good option for you.
- Try to choose dark colors and prints that will give you slim and beautiful look.
- Sarees without border will make you look bulky and fleshy.
- Wear sarees that are made from cotton mixed with other fabrics like cotton, silk sarees, they will also give you a slimmer look.
Sarees for slim and skinny women
- Slim women should choose heavier sarees that they should try sarees made from heavy fabrics like heavy cotton sarees, heavy silk sarees, heavy brocade sarees, heavy designer saree etc.
- Embroided sarees with heavy zari and other work well for women having more beautiful and gorgeous.
- Printed sarees that are attractive, large prints and beautiful designs can give a cool look to slim ladies.
- Slim ladies can try heavily embellished lehenga style saris, tissue sarees, organza sarees, tussar sarees and Kancheepuram silk sarees.
- Try to avoid chiffon, georgette and crepe sarees. Try light color saree like white, off-white or any other light shades.
Saree for short and slim women
- Silk sarees with thin border can add height and volume that are best for short and slim women.
Short height and dark color women
- Sarees that are dark colors sarees like dark pink, gray, black, maroon, green or contrast colors like white, off white.
- Saree in plain opaque black or white color.
Saris for voluptuous busty women
- Chiffons, georgettes, and silk saris are the best outfit for voluptuous busty women to show their natural voluptuous and curvaceous body figure beautifully.
- Sarees not only accentuate the curves of a woman that will give them gorgeous and enticing look.
Choose sarees according to complexion of women
Fair complexion and pale color women
- Bright colored sarees will make them look more beautiful for off white, light pink, white, yellow, peach etc.
- Fair complexion women with any fabric and color of saree.
Dark or tan or dusky color women
- Try sarees in a dark color like dark pink, dark purple, maroon, green or completely contrast colors like white and off white.
- You can choose any different colors because dark color, women look beautiful and sexy in any outfit.
- Dusky women always look more appealing than fair color women.
- Dark skin tone women should wear less jewelry as possible to make sure that their makeup is fine tune with the color of a saree and other accessories.
- Light color sarees with small floral prints with simple accessories will also do well.
Tips of choosing right sari for women
Sari for apple shaped women
You must have viewed women with variety of body shape and features who wear sari of different designs and fabrics. Now, if you have an apple shaped body such that if a larger torso is visible, choice of garment should be little different. In such a case, you must wear embroidered sari to suit your body type. This will give you an impression that you have torso of flattened shape.
Thin body women
If you are among that category of women who are thin in appearance, go for cotton sari. Other than cotton there are fabrics such as tussor which will give you a fluffy appearance. Thus, these categories of sari will be appropriate for thin women. Ladies with thin body must avoid chiffon saris as that will make them look much skinnier.
Hour glass shape
There is another category of body among women which is named as hour glass shape. If you belong to such a category of individual, go for fabrics such as chiffon, net as well as designer collection as these categories will very well suit the figure of women who have hour glass shape body.
[ Hindi version ]