Working out can be quite painful and tiring. Along with diet, you need to do some exercises to reduce your belly fat. A change in diet and lifestyle might make you want to back out with belly fat. The best way to get a slim waistline is exercising. Forget your favorite food with high calories; instead focus on green leafy vegetables and high fiber foods.
If you really want to lose weight, you need to include an hour of exercise in your daily routine for reducing belly fat.
The better exercise that you can think of to reduce belly fat can be done by crunches.
- Lie down flat on a mat. Lift your feet 90 degrees to the floor. Lift your hands and keep them crossed on your chest.
- Take a deep breath and lift your upper torso off the floor and exhale when you are lifting your body. Again inhale as you get back down and exhale as you come up.
- Do this for 10 times and repeat it or 2-3 sets.
Twist crunch is the slight modification of the basic crunches. Here you have to rotate your shoulder in the direction of the other shoulder.
- Lie down on the mat with your hands behind your head. Bend your knees and make sure that your feet do not touch the floor.
- Unlike crunch, you have to lift your right shoulder towards the left and keep your left torso on the floor. Repeat the same with your left shoulder lifting towards the right and keep your right torso on the floor.
- Repeat the same for 10-20 times.
The side crunch will be same as twist crunch exercise.
- The only thing that you to do is lift your right leg up when you are tilting your left shoulder towards the right shoulder and vice versa.
- Repeat for 10-12 times each side for 2 consecutive sets.
This is same as the twist crunch exercise. Tilt your legs to the same side simultaneously with your shoulders. The side crunch focuses on the muscles on your sides.
- Lie flat on a mat with your hands by your side and palms facing the floor. Lift your feet in such a way that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and your feet are off the floor.
- Now lift your hips such that your knees bend towards your chest. Loosen your legs and again bring them to your chest
- Repeat this for 10 times and for two more sets.
Vertical leg crunch
- Lie flat on the mat. Extend your legs towards the ceiling and make sure that you across one knee over the other
- Do the same as you would have done in case of crunches by positioning your body perfectly
- Repeat this for 10-15 times for three consecutive sets.
- Lie flat on the floor and keep your hands behind your head
- Lift both your legs off the floor and bend them at the knees
- Bring your right knee close to your chest keeping your left leg out
- Take your right leg out and bring your left leg close to your chest
- Alternate bending your knees this way as if you are paddling a bicycle.
- Stand with your legs apart. Bend your knees slightly
- Lift both your hands in front of you aligning them with your shoulders and parallel to the floor
- Lunge forward as shown in the picture. Take a big step forward with your right leg and sit down as if on a chair so that your knees are at a 90 degrees angle from the floor. The left leg should be positioned backwards supported by the toes.
- The spine should be kept straight. Don’t bend your spine forward. That is incorrect way of performing lunges
- First twist your torso to the right and then to the left. Twist just the torso, not your legs.
The pose is similar to cat stretch pose.
- You come down on the floor to sit on all fours. Support your body on hands and knees.
- Now take a deep breath in to loosen your abdomen. As you breathe out, contract the abdomen muscles to tighten them.
- Hold this position for 15-30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure.