Skin allergies are caused by various reasons. Sensitive skins are prone to all types of allergies. Some can be bacterial or fungal infections too. Allergies also develop due to excessive perspiration, or any poisonous plants around. Allergies can also develop due to insect bites. A lot of skin related products also cause allergies. Soaps and cosmetics cause skin rashes. A lot of these can be cured using home remedies. Here are a few tips to cure the skin rashes.
Home remedies for skin allergies
Chamomile treatment for skin
Chamomile treatment is best for skin rashes. This helps to soothe the skin and relieves from itching. This helps to reduce inflammation and helps to promote healing due to anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties. This is rich in antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Soak a clean washcloth in the chamomile tea and place them on the affected area. Leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes. Repeat the process two – three times a day for better results. Use some chamomile essential oil and dilute with two teaspoons of coconut oil. Mix them well and apply it on for a few times to get rid of the rash.
Clay treatment for skin allergies
Clay helps to cure itching and has various numbers of skin issues. This helps to heal venomous stings and bites such as bees, wasps and spiders. Clay helps to draw out the venom out of the skin and relieves from pain. Use a virgin and untreated clay such as green clay which is best to treat skin problems. Mix clay with a cup of filtered water to form a thick consistency. Dab the paste on the itchy area. Let it dry and rinse it off. Spread the clay on a clean piece of porous fabric. Cover the cloth in the irritated area. Directly apply it by touching the skin. Bandage it with a tape or wrap them in a plastic wrap to keep the cloth and thus, it helps to protect your clothing and furniture. Keep the clay pack on for about 4 hours. Clay is hard and dry, but it helps to treat skin irritation.
Petroleum jelly for skin care
Petroleum jelly is the most helpful product to get well moisturized skin. This is best to treat skin irritations and reduce the natural soothing effect on the skin. Petroleum jelly does not contain any harmful chemicals to harm your skin. This helps to relieve from itchy skin. This also ensures the skin irritation to become less. Thus, it is safe and is inexpensive to worry about your irritated skin. This results in soft and smooth skin.
Baking soda prevent itching
Baking soda relieves itching, also helps in drying the rashes.
- Prepare the mixture by mixing baking soda with water and apply on the rashes. Wash it off with cold water once it dries.
- Mix baking soda in coconut oil, apply the paste on the rashes. Wash it with cold water once it dries.
Olive oil and Cod liver oil to soothe skin
Use olive oil to the skin or use for cooking, it is great. Olive oil contains Vitamin E, which is good for the skin.
- Mix honey with olive oil and apply on the affected area. It soothes the skin.
- Turmeric and olive oil, mix both of them till it becomes a fine and even paste. Apply it on the affected skin and leave it till it is dry and wash it off.
- Using olive oil in cooking, it is good for the skin and also for the heart.
- Cod liver oil and olive oil together is also good, mix both of them and apply on the rashes.
Neem leaves to treat skin ailments
Neem leaves have anti-irritant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-viral properties. Neem leaves are best to treat skin ailments like eczema, rashes, infections, and other skin problems. This is due to the presence of antioxidant in it that can rejuvenate the skin cells. Take a handful of neem leaves and simmer them in water for about 15 – 20 minutes. Then, strain the solution and let it cool for some time. Dip a cotton swab into the solution and you just place cotton in the affected area. Leave it for about 10 minutes and then wash if off with water. Repeat this process twice a day for a few days to reduce skin allergies.
Neem is an herbal product, used since ages for any skin related issues.
- Put the neem leaves in hot water just before the bath and take a shower.
- Boil neem leaves in the water and take a hot bath, you can also put a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
Aloe vera top best natural tip for skin and hair
Using Aloe Vera for skin, hair is again an aging old process. Either consume it by adding to the juice or apply it to the affected areas, gives you the best results.
- Peel the leaves and take out the gel, apply it on the rashes. Leave it for not more than 30 minutes and wash it off. Repeat the same twice a day.
Peppermint best home remedy
Peppermint gives the soothing effect for cough, cold and even skin when applied on the affected areas when bitten by the insects.
Make a paste of the peppermint leaves and apply to the areas affected. Leave it till it gets dry. Wash it with clean water.
Try oatmeal on the skin
Oatmeal has an amazing property of reducing inflammation.
- Cook the oatmeal in water, cook it till it is soft like paste. Apply it to affected areas and stay for a while before heading for a shower.
Cold treatment to reduce irritation
- This is by using ice cubes, mostly used for insect bites or swelling. Put the ice cubes in the plastic bag, gently put it on the affected areas. It is always advised not to put ice cube directly on the skin. Either use a cloth or seal it in a plastic bag.
ACV for skin allergies
ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar is another popular remedy. This solution is available in the stores.
Use cotton swabs for applying to the skin. Just dip the cotton swab and apply to the areas affected. You need to leave it for a few minutes, repeat the process.
Turmeric treats skin infections
Turmeric is an antiseptic powder and has lots of health benefits too apart from making your skin look better. Here is the process.
- Use half-cup turmeric, add lemon water. Apply this on affected area.
- Wash it off with cold water and leave it, do not use any soap to wash immediately.
Prevent skin allergy tip with yogurt
Yogurt helps in removal of dead skin, thus the dried rash skin can be removed.
- Mix yogurt and honey, apply on the skin and leave it for less than 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and pat dry.
Banana peel works good for rashes
- Use the banana peel on the affected area and wash it off after about 10 minutes. This is primarily for insect bites.
Basil leaves are best for skin problems
Prepare the paste out of basil leaves and rub it on the area where there is an insect bite. Carefully apply to the area only, else the itching might spread.
Use coconut oil for skin allergies
Coconut oil is rich in Lauric acid. This helps to cure skin rashes and allergies. Sunlight causes eczema flare ups. There is a bacterium called staph that is common with eczema wit perpetuating the redness. It is itchy and has inflammation. Simply apply coconut oil twice a day on the affected skin. Make sure to apply it before going to bed and also clean the affected area before you are going to apply coconut oil. Let it sit on the skin overnight and in the morning wash it off.
Natural homemade mixture with carrot, cucumber, beet-root juices
Carrot, cucumber, and beet-root help to remove skin allergies. Take 250 ml of carrot juice; mix it with 100 ml of beet-root juice, and 100ml of cucumber juice. Mix them well and consume it once a day. This helps to reduce allergic reaction and also soothes existing allergies.
Try lemon and honey to flush out toxins
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and honey has antiseptic properties. Both of them help to flush out toxins from the body. Lemon and honey mixture has an antibiotic and anti-allergic property which helps to flush out toxins from the body. Take a glass of warm water and add freshly squeezed half lemon juice into it. Mix them well and add 1 teaspoon of honey into it. Mix them well and drink this on an empty stomach. Lemon juice with honey, can reduce excess body fat and keeps you fit. It also helps to reduce belly fat to get a flat belly.
I have tried quite a few of them when I got affected. I have seen my other family friends and cousins following these procedures. These home remedies work greatly.