Weight is a major concern for most people. Overweight can be due to various factors such as heredity, overeating, imbalanced diet, poor lifestyle, lack of physical activity and hormonal changes. Genetic factors and hormonal problems lead to obesity. Being fat also develops other complications. The effective ways to maintain ones’ weight is either eat healthy or exercise. Reducing weight and becoming slim and fit will not happen overnight. Apart from the diet and exercise, there are effective home remedies too. Eating healthy food and following the home remedies will definitely help you cut down on a few pounds. Home remedies work as a catalyst, which may speed up to lose weight.
Home remedies for obesity and weight loss
Rose petal water to reduce weight
Rose petal water is more anecdotal evidence to get a refreshing drink. Rose petals acts as a gentle diuretic, which encourage your kidneys to put more sodium into your urine. This gives an excess salt that in turn draws water from your blood. This also helps to decrease the amount of water in your circulatory system. Thus, the permanent weight loss is just water weight, but in action encourages drinking more and keeping your system flushed clean and hydrated.
- Take a handful of fresh or dried rose petals and 1 – 2 cups of distilled water. Keep your rose petals and add enough amount of distilled water and cover them. Let them boil. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and simmer with until petals lose most of their color. Leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes. Strain the solution and take it out in a glass jar. You can store them in a glass jar in refrigerator. You can use them for about 6 days.
- Drink about ½ to 1 cup of this solution every morning on an empty stomach.
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss
Apple cider vinegar is the most available tip to reduce excess weight. This helps in actual weight loss and benefits you with a healthy weight loss. This also helps to protect against obesity. This helps to break down fat and prevents the accumulation of body fat.
- Take two teaspoons of raw or unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink it daily in the morning and take it before meals. Drink a glass of water with one teaspoon of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a day and do not excess them with this amount as it reduces your blood potassium levels overtime and lower your bone mineral density.
Finger millet to reduce body weight
Finger millet is an ideal home remedy for fast weight loss. Finger millet is rich in calcium, phosphorous, iron, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B2 etc. Finger millet helps to get a very slow to digest and carbohydrates take a longer time to get absorbed. Thus, preparation of curbs desire to eat and results in reducing the calorie intake.
Lemon juice improves digestion
Lemon juice helps in improving digestion and detoxification. Lemon helps to flush out toxins from the body and in turn reduces metabolism.
- In 3 spoons of lemon juice, one teaspoon of honey, and one-half spoon of black pepper powder in a glass of water.
- Drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
Aloe vera reduces obesity
Aloe Vera helps in treating obesity by stimulating the metabolism. It increases energy consumption and organizes unused fat. It also has collagen that gives stamina to the body to make it work harder and absorb the proteins. It also removes toxins from the digestive system.
- Take 2 leaves, peel the gel, add a little lemon juice or any citrus fruit and blend it. Drink this every day for months.
- You can also add this gel in water and consume.
Cayenne pepper cut downs excess body fat
Cayenne pepper helps in cutting down the weight. The capsaicin found in cayenne pepper helps the body to burn fat and also increases the stamina.
- Add little cayenne pepper to a tumbler of hot water, add lemon and drink it. Start with a little quantity of cayenne pepper, gradually increase it to one teaspoon.
Green tea natural herb to lose weight
Green tea is a natural herb to lose weight. A compound in green tea prevents gain weight by limiting absorption. It also accommodates body to use fat. This is available in the market, all you have to do is boil it in water and drink it.
- Alternatively, you an add ginger or cayenne powder to green tea and consume it.
Curry leaves for weight loss
- Eat fresh curry leaves daily morning. It works great to lose weight. You have to follow this up to 4 months. Curry leaves have an alkaloid and which has anti-obesity and lipid-lowering effects. This helps in cholesterol control
Tomatoes for obesity and weight loss
- Tomatoes contain dietary fiber, which alters the levels of hormones that affect your appetite. Eat tomatoes as it is, do not take off the seeds and the peel. Eat it every day in the morning as the first thing.
Fennel to lose belly fat
Fennel seeds are useful in weight loss due to its diuretic property. It helps in loss of weight by reducing water retention.
- Roast the fennel seeds and make powder. Take 1 and half spoon of this powder and add it to warm water, stir well and drink it every day before 15 minutes of your meals.
Weight loss with honey and cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon enhance the metabolism, increase energy and ultimately detoxify the body. All this results in weight loss. Cinnamon has an amazing property which helps to avoid overeating and honey fights obesity.
- In a cup of hot water, add one and half spoon of cinnamon powder. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Mix one spoon of honey.
- Drink a half cup in the morning on an empty stomach and refrigerate the other half. Drink the other half just before going to bed.
Chewing gum reduces appetite
Chewing Gum is a very good gums exercise as well as good for reducing the appetite. It stimulates the saliva, the enzymes in saliva break the starch and fat.
- When have the urge to hog on something, kill it with a sugar free gum.
Fruit smoothies to reduce weight loss
Prepare a fruit smoothie with different ingredients helps to restore balance and can promote weight loss. Prepare a drink that can provide a total infusion of essential minerals, protein, vitamins, and fatty acids that can taste good and also prevents food cravings. This is an excellent source that helps to reduce weight by creating a fruit smoothie with the ingredients in a blender. Take 1 cup of rice milk, soy milk, orange juice, 1 banana, 4 strawberries, 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice, concentrated black cherry juice, 1 teaspoon of raw or organic bee pollen, and 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil. Mix all the ingredients well and drink this fruit smoothie. This is rich in nutrient and helps to be fit and healthy.
Quick weight loss tip with cabbage
Cabbage is the best home remedy to lose weight quickly. Cabbage is rich in tartaric acid, which helps to prevent the conversion of sugar and carbohydrates into fat. So, substitute a meal with a cabbage salad that is best to lose weight. Cabbage helps to burn out fats from bellies, and thighs. Eat a plentiful bowl of cabbage to reduce fat from stubborn areas.
Exercising helps to promote weight loss
Weight loss is the best active exercise that helps to reduce body fat. Daily set a time to exercise for a minimum of at least 30 minutes per day. Jogging, and brisk walking, yoga are excellent sources to burn excess calories. It is recommended to add some weight training exercises that help to increase muscle. Exercising helps to increase metabolism and allows you to burn more calories. This helps to reduce stress, and depression, which are the major causes of weight gain.
Yoga best to lose weight
Yoga is the best way to reduce body fat and be fit. Yoga helps to reduce weight and also gives a glowing skin by following certain asanas. There are some particular sections of the body to reduce weight without any hassle. So, daily proper yoga asanas are effective in removing the fat that is accumulated for long years.
It is essential to take a lot of water. Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day. The plant-based foods help fight obesity as they contain phytochemicals, which prevent oxidative stress. Include lots of fruits in your diet. Eating berries like strawberry, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, figs, carrots, cabbages also help fight obesity. Avoid eating junk food and imbalanced diet. Do not starve and hog on food. Eat a good breakfast, do not skip your morning meal. Losing weight does not mean starving, eat what is right for your stomach.