We were all born like little angels and had a flawless skin. However time has changed us in the most subtle and profound ways, so it’s wise enough for us to correct our path all over again to get back that glow we were born with. We all know that our skin cells keep rejuvenating on a regular basis, however, our skin starts wearing out with age due to stress, weather, pollution, harsh chemicals etc., causing wrinkles, dark circles, dull patchy skin and pimples. So here we have a few simple tips and home remedies that you can follow to obtain flawless and glowing skin without emptying your wallets.
Skin care regime to be followed on a daily basis
- Drink a lot of water, at least six to eight glasses of water every day to let the toxins flush out of your body more effectively causing the skin to look fresh and hydrated.
- Avoid junk food and excess consumption of caffeine.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep every day.
- Do not smoke, as nicotine and other chemicals present in cigarettes can destroy your skin and blood vessels leading to skin sagging and wrinkles.
Home remedies to get flawless skin
Lemon to get rid of dull and tanned skin
Lemon is famous for its anti-tanning qualities. Lemon helps to reduce the dark spots and also helps in getting rid of blemishes.
- If you have any darkened areas on your face, just apply lemon there and keep it for 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Mix equal quantities of milk, oil and lemon and apply it to your skin and off.
- Mix equal amount of lemon juice, sugar and apply this mixture on your face, neck and hands. Scrub in a circular motion and let it stay for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to a tablespoon of milk and apply it all over your face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes before washing it off.
- To a tablespoon of cucumber juice, add a few drops of lemon juice along with a pinch of turmeric and apply it on your face and to remain for 30 minutes and wash it off.
Lemon is not to be used on cuts and wounds, as the acid in it will cause a burning irritation. While applying lemon, exposure to sunlight is to be avoided.
Olive oil to get flawless skin
Olive oil is a good source of polyphenols, antioxidant and Vitamin E. This has essential fatty acids that can actually help to delay the aging process in the best way. This is rich in Squalane, which is a natural emollient and is great for your skin and also nails lips and hair. Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E and helps to protect your cell membrane and guards for your skin against skin damage from the harmful sun’s ultraviolet rays. Apply some olive oil directly on your skin, which acts as a natural moisturizer after a shower. This makes your hands look moisture and is used as a makeup remover. Sprinkle olive oil on your salad for another way of beauty and health benefit.
Honey for natural glowing skin
- Make a thick paste of honey and cinnamon powder to apply all over your face. Leave it to dry and wash off with lukewarm water.
- Mix honey with cucumber juice and apply it on the darkened skin for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- Mix honey with milk and massage all over your skin in small circular motions for a glowing skin.
- Apply raw honey all over your face and leave it to dry naturally. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Banana treatment for clear skin
- Mash a ripe banana and apply it all over your face for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
- Mix mashed banana with milk and apply it on your face to let it stay for 15 minutes. Wash off with clean water.
- Apply a mixture of ripe banana and curd onto your face for 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Cucumber treatment for flawless skin
- Grind cucumber with a few drops of lemon juice to apply it as a natural astringent to your face. Wash it off with warm water once it’s completely dry.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and rub them thoroughly all over your face. Leave it overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning.
Papaya for fair skin
- Blend 4-5 big slices of ripe papaya, 2 spoons of honey and 2 spoons of raw milk to make a fine paste. Apply this pack on your face for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Mix ripe papaya mash with oatmeal powder and sugar. Rub this exfoliating mask on your face gently. First wash off the pack with milk and then rinse with water.
- Mix ripe papaya with honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply it all over your face and neck for 30 minutes to rinse off with cold water.
How to get fair skin with turmeric
- Mix 1 tablespoon turmeric. Apply this mixture for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Mix turmeric powder with a few drops of lemon juice to make a paste. Apply this on your face daily for glowing skin.
Ways to get glowing skin with tomato
The tomato has natural anti-aging and bleaching properties. This helps to lighten the skin and helps to get rid of open pores and pimples. The lycopene which is an anti-oxidant present in tomato helps to get clear skin. This gives a natural glowing skin and prevents flawless skin. Applying tomato pulp to your face helps you get that instant glow naturally.
Potato for skin care
The potato is acts as natural bleach and is the great source to get rid of dark skin spots. This helps to remove tan, sunburn and scars. Blend potato juice from potato slices. Apply it on your face. This helps to give fair and get flawless skin. The potato treatment gives best results on daily usage. Apply a slice of potato or spoon of potato juice over your face and neck on a regular basis for that flawless skin.
Sugar to remove dead skin
Sugar is the natural exfoliate for the skin. This is a great source to cleanse your skin. Take equal quantities of white or brown sugar. Mix them well and add them in water. Make sure the sugar gets dissolved in water. Apply this mixture on your face and gently rub for a minute. Repeat it for better results. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can also use honey instead of this mixture for more effective results. Mix brown or white sugar with lemon juice or water and rub it on your face and neck to get that sheen to your skin.
How to get flawless skin with milk
Milk is the best home remedy for flawless skin. Simply massage your face with raw milk in an upward motion for a few minutes. Let them dry. Rinse it off with cold water and repeat it for a couple of minutes. Raw milk helps to remove tan to give a fresh glow to your skin. This helps to get clear and flawless skin naturally. Mix raw milk with sandalwood powder and rose water to make a fine paste. Apply it like a pack and wash it off with water.
Mint face pack to get flawless skin
Mint is best home remedy to get flawless skin. This helps to clear dirt and damaged skin. Mint cleanses your skin to give a beautiful and clear skin. Thus, mint can cleanse away damaged skin and gives the fairer looking skin. Simply make a fine paste of mint leaves and apply it on your face to get a natural glow to your skin.