Pimples and acne are one of the worst nightmares for any woman. Your skin protects you from the elements and literally keeps you together. It protects from any kind of damage. Acne is a common skin condition. Pimple can appear as whiteheads, blackheads, and small pink bumps called papules. When the pores of the face get clogged up due to the accumulation of sebum, dead cells, and dirt, it leads to pimples. Pimple generally occurs in face, neck, back and shoulders are the other most popular body areas to host it.
The major causes of pimples are oily skin, hormonal changes, heredity problems, seasonal changes, lack of nutrition, usage of more cosmetic, break the acne, due to pollution and falling of dandruff on the face.
Acne is a skin condition in which there is excess production of oil from the sebaceous glands leading to the blockage of hair follicles.
Home remedies to get rid of pesky pimples
Diet and lifestyle to remove acne
Avoid spicy, oily, bitter, and sour foods. Eat fresh, unprocessed food. Increase the use of herbs that have cooling effects on the body like fennel, coriander seeds, Indian gooseberry, and aloe vera. Increase intake of water that is 8-10 glasses per day. Wash your face frequently with mild herbal soaps. Cleanse your face with lemon peels.
Sugar scrub for acne
Brown sugar is one of the mildest natural exfoliate. Skin exfoliation is the most important beauty treatment that you should follow in order to maintain healthy, glowing and pimple free skin. Mix together 3 teaspoons of brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply all over the face and scrub gently in circular motion. Leave until it dry after 15 minutes and wash off with cold water. It removes the dead cells, dirt, sebum and impurities from the pores, which causes pimples.
Cinnamon pack to fight against pimples
Cinnamon has anti-microbial properties which help to fight pimples and also add a healthy glow to the face. Grind a few pieces of cinnamon to form a powder. Add a teaspoon of honey and gram flour. Apply the pack all over the face and leave it for 15 minutes. When it gets dry, you need to scrub the face in light circular motions and wash off the skin.
Potato pack to treat acne
Potato is a good absorbent of excess oil and sebum and it removes dirt and grease from the skin. Cut the slices of potato that can be applied over the pimples. You can also grate or grind the potato juice, which can be applied overt the pimples and acne. It reduces dark circles; puffiness under the eyes, blemishes, and acne marks, Regular application of potato pack shows effective results.
Natural scrub for pesky pimples
The scrub will help to clean up dirt, dead cells and oil that tend to build up and block pores, which then lead to pimples. Take one teaspoon of rice flour in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of gram flour and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder. And add a teaspoon of raw milk to form a smooth paste and apply over the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
Baking soda to get rid of acne
Prepare a thick paste of one teaspoon of baking soda with some water or lemon juice. Wash your skin well and damp with a clean towel. Apply this paste on the affected areas and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Then wash your face with warm water and apply a moisturizer. Repeat the process twice a day.
Milk and honey pack for pimples
Take 1 tablespoon plain low fat or full fat yogurt or milk and 1 tablespoon of natural, raw, honey. Mix them well and apply the mixture with a cotton pad, but scooping it up and patting it on works just fine as well. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then wash your face with a clean cloth to gently scrub in a circular motion. Moisturize as usual.
Orange peels paste to remove pimples
Orange peel consists of vitamin C, citric acid, and astringent properties. Grind up your orange peels and add a little water to create a paste. Apply it to your face. Wait for 20-25 minutes and rinse off completely with water. After cleaning, apply a good moisturizing.
Banana peel to reduce acne
Banana peel contains lutein, an extremely powerful antioxidant that reduces swelling and inflammation and encourages healthy cell growth. Rub a banana peel on your face that can reduce the redness, obviousness, and discomfort of acne. Rub in a circular motion all over your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse off.
Acne treatment and diet to be followed to get rid of pimples
Acne is nothing but spots, zits, blemishes, pimples, which have common features of many teenagers. Puberty hormones make your sebaceous glands more active and make you feel greasy at back, chest and face. Acne can be anything from blackheads, red pimple to form pus filled white head, reddened pores and even cysts. It risk to squeeze out the spots that cause infection and can spread of the acne.
Diet and lifestyle changes can contribute to acne throughout the life. This is sorted now and stand to clear and healthy skin at every age. Acne can be treated with a healthy diet and change in your diet.
- Eat fresh vegetables and salads daily along with your lunch, dinner or snacks. Include green leafy vegetables into your diet. Even you can add carrots, onions and garlic that are good for your skin health. Include vegetable crudites into your lunch box with a dip such as hummus or guacamole.
- Drink juice of carrots, lettuce, watercress celery and beetroot. Do you want to sweeten the juice, then you can add apple as mice. Drink fresh vegetable juice every day that can cleanse and nourish your skin.
- Whole grains like brown rice, millet, oats, wheat germ, barley and quinoa contains magnesium and Vitamin B that helps to keep your hormone levels in check. They are rich in fiber that keeps your bowels moving. This is unlikely to have glowing skin if your bowels are congested.
- Essential omega -3 fats are vital for skin health as well as hormonal balance. So snack on sunflower seeds, raw shelled hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds can aim for two to three portions of oily fish a week.
- Pumpkin seeds are excellent sources of omega 3 fats as well as the mineral zinc, another skin and hormone helper. You can consume it by sprinkling a couple of tablespoons a day onto cereal or salads or just snack on them with an alternative to crisps or sweets.
- Vitamin A is important for healthy skin, largely this is due to its antioxidant properties. Vitamin A is often low with those acne and supplementing with, it helps to reduce acne and scars.
- Avoid fatty foods such as fried foods and processed meats that contain saturated and damaged fats that contribute to congested pores. The skin inflammation and hormonal imbalances.
- The refined carbohydrates and sugary foods such as white rice, white bread, white pasta, pastry, cakes, biscuits, sweets, chocolate and soft drinks. These all upset blood sugar levels in turn can upset hormonal balance. They also feed the bad bacteria in the skin and gut that may contribute to poor skin health.
- Dairy products cause skin sensitivity. This can congest the colon and can increase the skin inflammation. This helps to eliminate acne and improves. Wheat and chocolate are common culprits.
- Alcohol leeches and nutrients from your body can cause dehydration. This also increases your toxic load by overloading you live. So, it is better to avoid acne, avoid alcopops.
- You should notice that your bowels are moving daily. The foods such as fruit, vegetables, whole grains and flax seeds are good for bowel function and has internal cleansing.
- Water is also important to keep the bowels moving and glowing skin. Drink 6 – 8 glasses of water daily.
- Drink herbal teas instead of regular coffee and tea. This may leech nutrients from the body. Thus, the nettle and dandelion leaf teas can cleanse and results in nourishing effect that helps to improve your skin health.
- The flavor foods with herbs and spices rather than iodized table salt, which can aggravate skin problems. You can use salt, go for sea salt or rock salt instead of it.