Salad for breakfast—why not? A salad for breakfast may seem unexpected, but this rich and flavorful recipe will turn you into a believer. Add a nutrient boost to morning meals with these simply delicious dishes. From yolky eggs and spinach atop tender lettuce, to fruity pear with Bleu cheese, spinach and toast, breakfast just got mouth wateringly healthy.
It is packed with healthy veggies like pumpkin and bell pepper and topped with fiber-rich pepitas and a protein-packed egg, this salad is sure to help you start the day feeling energized and refreshed. With this in your tummy there will be no weighing you down!
Ingredients for the salad
- 9 1/2 -ounce piece pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 large zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 ounces swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups trimmed watercress leaves
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thickly
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon toasted pepitas
For the lemon-thyme dressing
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- To make lemon and thyme dressing, mix the ingredients in a screw-top jar and season to taste. Then shake well.
- Add vegetables and one tablespoon dressing in a large baking dish. Bake about 25 minutes or until vegetables are browned lightly and tender that makes them to leave nutrients. So don’t cook more.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil then reduce to simmer. Break each egg into a cup and slide into the water in the center of the pan. Cook for five minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking, and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add some vegetables and watercress in a large bowl. Transfer to serving plates, then sprinkle with pepitas. Drizzle with remaining dressing.