Big, bright eyes are the most attractive qualities for every woman. The eyes are the windows to the soul. Here we have makeup tricks to make eyes look bigger by adding some light shimmer around the eyelids and dark eye shadow around the socket and some lines close to lash-line. It makes your eyes look bigger instantly. The lighter color acts as a highlight to create an open appearance to the eye. Here, you have tips on how to make your small eyes look bigger with makeup.
Big eyes appear youthful, wide awake and healthy. We aren’t all born with over sized peepers though, and that’s where some artful makeup tricks come into play. You can make your eyes look bigger and as beautiful as possible.
Tips to make your eyes look bigger
Keep your eyebrows manicured
You would be amazed with manicured brows that can transform your face. Your brows can easily make or break your look. The best way to look wide opened eyes without any makeup is to keep the brows thick and full. Darken your brow with brown pencil or an eye shadow with an angled brush. The arch and areas that seem empty can be filled beautiful.
Curl up lashes
Move the curler half way up the length of your lashes and repeat, this ensures a natural curl. Choose a quality eyelash curler or else you can use some hot air from a hair dryer on the curler before curling the lashes. Be careful not to heat it up too much as it can damage your lashes or else you might hurt your eye. The extra padding from the curler will make it harder for you to accidentally break any hair follicles.
Lengthen your eye lashes
Apply mascara to pull the eye up, not down. Now you need to curl them up and sweep a coat or two of your choosing mascara vertically. Apply mascara directly to the ends of your lashes in an upward direction. Wait for a few seconds and continue to apply mascara to the base of the lashes using quick right-to-left streaks. In this way you can coat the lashes from the roots till the tips by wiggling the brush around and then pulling it up.
Apply a thick liner in the middle of the eye
A thicker line right in the middle of the eye followed by fading out into thinner lines, which is a great way to make the eye look bigger.
Use colored smoke
Apply shades like orange, blue, green or pink on the entire lid. Add some black only in the outer corners and blend, the eyes suddenly look full of life!
Use reflective pigments along the inner corner of the eyes and the contour of the brow bones is going to highlight the eyes even further. So, after applying the eye shadow, apply the shimmer pigments onto the center of the lid, i.e., on the eyeball. The light bounces off the eye and looks super sparkly!
Use two different shades to add dimension to your eyes
Two different eye shadow shades from the same color family creates instant dimension on your lids. Use a lighter color on the higher points of the eyes like the center of your lid or all over the eye lid or even in the inner corners. Then, blend the darker color at the outer corner.
Make blending or apply dark shade
After applying light shimmery shadow all over the lid. Add a darker shade in the outer corner as a contour shade and take it up until the crease by extending your brush strokes up towards the contour of the brow bone to illuminate the cave just a wee bit more.
Apply more mascara to your eyes
To create a lifting effect for your lids, apply double on mascara coats along your top lashes. Use wands with angled bristles. So catch every hair on and run the brush through every corner. Likely apply mascara on the lower lashes so that the eyes look more awake.
Apply light shades of Kajal
Wear shades like white, beige and peach as Kajal for eyes to look more open and give a slip to black. As a liner use color like black, brown or blue and haze it out with a tip towards the crease to emphasize the hood of the eye.
Eyelashes are truly one of the best bets to open up the eyes! Fake lashes feel a bit heavy just in the beginning, but once you get used to it, you won’t feel a thing! You should practice them when at home and then wear them for a couple of hours outside and see how it feels.
Add some soft shadows on the lower lash line
Another trick to give the impression of bigger eyes, which are to sweep warm-colored eye shadow shades along the lower lashes. Using a color that is a few shades darker than your skin tone is perfect. This will naturally make your eyes look wider.
Only contour the eye when in a hurry
Sometimes when you are in a rush to go somewhere, quickly picks a dark brown matte shadow and blend it on the outer corner of the eyes and take it up to the crease. This trick creates the look of having large eyes without using a lot of makeup! You may also use the same color you would use to contour your face, would also work on the eyes!
Use light colors on the eyelid
Using light colors on the lids to draw attention to the shape of your eyes would be a great choice. Use light and shimmery colors on the lid will really give you a brighter look.
Wear a bright lip
Big, bold and bright lips can bring all the attention from the eyes! This can sometimes be a little tricky, when your under eyes are not concealed very well. Apply the bright color with two layers of mascara and you are good to go.
Tips to make your small eyes look bigger
- Choose the right lighter shadow that makes your eyes look bigger. Thus, the darker shadows can make the eyes look smaller. Light colored eye shadow and eyelids can match your skin tone. The choice of eye shadow color should be a bit lighter than your skin tone. This little shimmer light eyeshadow color such as beige, light shimmer or pale pink, peach are some good to for smaller eyes to look bigger.
- You should avoid glittering and sparkling eye shadows that make your eyes look smaller.
- It is recommended to use a dark liner as all the way around your eyes. This is especially at your waterline that can make them look smaller.
- Take some silver or any lighter shadow highlighter powder and apply it under your eyebrows exactly on your brow bone. This gives a natural look. Apply highlighter powder to both inner corners of your eyes that are around the tear ducts. This is to smudge and blend with the highlighter that is well along the upper and lower innermost corners, exactly near the tear ducts.
- The soft nude or white liner are best to your waterline. This helps to open up your eyes and can make them look larger.
- The make with dark Smokey eye doesn’t suit for small eyes. Dark colors and dark eyeshadows make your eyes look smaller. So, use two eyeshadow colors that to be a light eyeshadow and a dark one.
- Style your lashes to look as a big and curled lashes which are key steps to look beautiful.
- Choose the best eyeshadow color that are 2 – 3 shades which are darker than your skin tone. So, apply the eyeshadow which is outermost corner and is below the lower lash line.
- Apply white eyeliner on the entire waterline. If it doesn’t suit to your complexion, then it is better to go for pale pink, beige, champagne eyeliner on top of your white eyeliner.
- Women who have smaller eyes should not outline the lower lash line entirely. This is from innermost corner to the outermost rim of the eye, with dark eyeliners or Kajal.