Darkness around the nails is usually a result of biting the nails and due to excess production of skin pigment. It has been found that darkness around the nails can also be caused by deficiency of Vitamin B6 and B12 in the body. There is no permanent cure for this problem, but it can be minimized by including foods containing vitamin B 6 and B 12 which are found in poultry and fish or by taking supplements of this medicine.
Nails can be designed in many ways as you spend more time in decorating your nails. The skin around your nails look dark and can make your polished nails do not look beautiful. Many people bite their nails when they are nervous or upset. Some have the habit of bite the skin around your nails. Homemade tips help to get rid of dark skin around nails.
This is caused due to extreme dry weather and biting nails. The two things make you skin around nails look unpleasant. They can have unconsciously bitten the skin that surrounds their nails. Dark skin is due to the increased production of melanin in your body or skin pigment.
Darkness around the nails is due to excess production of the skin pigment –melanin. In normal conditions melanin protects the skin from tanning by the ultra violet rays of the sun.
Home remedies for dark skin around your nails
- Take a bowl filled with water up to 4 inches deep. Dip your hands for about 5 minutes. It can soften the skin. After that, take out your hands from the water and pat dry with a towel.
- Take a manicure scissors and cut the extra skin around your nails. Notice that the extra skin will be white in color compared to the skin of your other fingers. This gives a soothing sensation. It is better to use warm water and always make sure to have scissors that work properly and are clean.
- Let it dry completely. The skin near your fingers is no longer moist to go to the next step. Apply best moisturizer to your hands to make them soft. A good moisturizer will deeply moisturize the skin, which is sensitive. Apply some cream on the cuticles and under your nails to make them soft. Always use an alcohol and fragrance free cream as fragrance contains alcohol that is usually dehydrated.
- After that, apply a cream, wear gloves on both hands and keep them on till the morning. Then you can notice great looking hands as well as no dry skin near to your nails. It is better to apply a moisturizer on your hands during the day. Repeat this every night to get beautiful looking and lighten skin on hands.
- Be hygienic and healthy cuticle that are intact and can prevent your nail from any form of infections.
- Carefully file your nails with a nail file that is special attention towards the corners, smoothing them so that they do not injure the skin around the nails.
- Apply olive oil or some special cuticle oil for dry skin around your nails.
- Here is a homemade moisturizer with egg white and lemon. Take an egg white mixed with a few drops of lime as a moisturizing cream. It helps to reduce dead skin and cellulite.
In the same way the beauty remedy also works better for your toenails that are required to rub more moisturizer. Wear a cotton socks instead of glows and the remaining procedure is similar. It will protect your skin in the future that it helps to produce despite your cuticle being fine. To prevent biting your nails, soak the nails in the lemon juice on every morning. It causes some sour taste so you automatically make you hate the taste.
The ungroomed and unhealthy cuticle looks ragged with the causes of discomfort. It can be avoided by paying attention towards regularly by maintaining and spending some time everyday for grooming your hands and toe nails.
Apply cuticle oil once or twice a day to help them heal. Use olive oil to cure it. To make your nails beautiful, healthy and clear, treat them with cuticle cream and keep on moisturizing them all the day long.
Homemade tips to get rid of the darkness around the nails
- A good manure and pedicure done at home with natural ingredients are helpful to solve this problem.
- Exfoliation of the skin with sugar and lemon juice can be done to get rid of the accumulated dead skin cells around the nails. Scrub the fingers with a mixture of sugar and lemon juice for five to ten minutes. Simple lemon half can also be rubbed on the darkened areas around the fingers.
- Pumice stone is helpful in exfoliating the skin around the nails.
- Soaking of hands and feet in warm water in which soda, rose water and glycerine has been added is also a good remedy to lighten dark skin around the nails.
- Gram flour, raw milk and lemon juice pack help in getting rid of the tan and in making the skin tone lighter. Apply the paste around the nails and leave it for some time before washing it off.
- Almond oil can be massaged on the fingers and left for a few minutes. It is a good moisturizer which helps in softening the skin, making it smooth and lighter in tone by removing the pigmentation.
- A massage with milk crème along with a capsule of Vitamin E is a good remedy to moisturize the skin and lighten the color of the skin.
Daily scrubbing of the nails with a brush helps to remove the dead skin cells, which in turn can help to get rid of the darkness around the nails. The area surrounding the nails can also be scrubbed with lemon juice and sugar or lemon juice and salt. Lemon itself is also very effective to lighten the tone of the skin around the nails.
Milk and Milk cream
Milk cream is also a perfect home remedy to get rid of darkness around the nails. Massage the area with fresh milk cream for about 10 minutes. Then rub a slice of lemon on it and finally rinse it with cold water. Alternate slices of bread can be soaked in milk and applied on the dark skin around the nails.
Buttermilk is natural bleach, which helps to lighten dark skin around the nails. A few drops of lemon juice can also be added to the buttermilk before applying it on the dark parts around the nails. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it with cold water. This can be a wonderful home tips to get rid of darkness around nails.
Pedicure and Manicure
A good pedicure and manicure done at home can be a good solution to remove darkness around the nails. This is the process of soaking the hands and feet in warm water to which salt, baking soda and soap has been added. The next step in to cleanse the feet and hands by scrubbing them with a brush. Use the pumice stone to scrape off the dead skin cells. Moisturize the hands and feet by massaging them with olive oil.