Facial hair and body hair is considered to be masculine, most women hate to have facial hair. Hence, it becomes natural that women take to hair removal procedures. It is definitely embarrassing and also impacts your confidence. There are different methods to remove facial hair such as waxing, threading, razors, epilator, bleaching. There are certain hair removal creams too, and laser treatment for permanent hair removal. The main causes of excess growth are hormonal changes during pregnancy, irregular menstrual cycle. Methods such as laser hair removal are painful and may damage the skin. By following the home remedies, side-effects are absolutely nil. Check out few home remedies that can help you overcome from this embarrassing problem.
Home remedies to remove facial hair
Sugar and lemon mixture for unwanted facial hair
Sugar is the best ingredient to remove dead cells and facial hair, as it acts as a natural scrub. Sugar, lemon and water mixture has natural exfoliating properties for your face. The lemon juice helps to lighten the color of your facial hair. This helps to remove facial hair and other parts of the body. Take 2 tablespoons of sugar, 10 tablespoons of water and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix them well in a small bowl. First, mix sugar with water and make sure that sugar is completely dissolved in water. Add lemon juice into that mixture. Apply this mixture on your face. Make sure to apply in the direction of hair growth on the face. Leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and rub the mixture gently with your hands. Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a week that helps to reduce facial hair.
Facial hair removal with egg mask
Egg white seems to be sticky substance and removes unwanted hair. Egg white, lemon, sugar and honey mask helps to treat hair on face. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it until it dries, then pull it off and to down to remove unwanted facial hair. You may experience a bit pain while pulling the dried egg mask. Take half a tablespoon of corn flour, one egg and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Break an egg and separate egg white and yellow. Add corn flour and sugar to it. Stir the ingredients well to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face. Leave it for about 20 – 25 minutes. This egg mask on your face dries completely. Now firm your hand peel off the egg mask from your face. This is done in a manner that facial hair is pulled out. Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a week to get rid of facial hair.
Lemon juice and honey pack to remove unwanted hair
Honey is sticky in nature that helps to remove fine hair from your face. Thus, lemon juice works and helps to cleanse and exfoliate the hair to give soft and moisturized skin. Honey is rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to avoid skin irritation and breakout. This helps in bleaching your skin and helps to lighten your facial skin and hair. Take one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of honey. Mix them well and apply it on your face. Leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes. Gently cleanse the face mask with a clean cloth soaked in lukewarm water.
Apricot and honey scrub for unwanted hair removal
This is a fruit rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains lycopene which works as a facial hair removing agent. This fruit is mixed with honey to make a facial scrub. This mixture acts as facial hair remover.
- Take a half cup of dried apricots. Grind and make a powder which should be a little coarse. Add honey to it and mix well, check the consistency, if needed, add a few drops of milk.
- Apply it to your face, leave it for 10 minutes.
- Scrub it in a circular motion for about 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
Lavender and tea tree oil for removing unwanted hair
The condition called Hirsutism on women wherein hair tends develops on the chin and breast. A mixture of lavender oil and tea tree oil helps in curing this condition. These oils have an anti-androgenic property which helps in removing the unwanted hair.
- Take a teaspoon of lavender oil and add it to 6 drops if tea tree oil.
- Apply this mixture on face with a cotton swab. Repeat it for 3 times a day for 3 months to remove the facial hair completely.
Orange and lemon peel off mask to prevent growth of unwanted hair
This combination helps in cleaning the skin and tones it. The orange peel is used in various skin products too. The orange peel has and lemon peels are rich in concentrated vitamin C. This mask helps in removing facial hair.
- Take dried orange and lemon peels, make a powder.Take 1 spoon of almond powder and oatmeal. Take 2 spoons of olive oil and 1 spoon of rose water. Now mix all the contents and apply it to the face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Use your fingertips to gently rub in a circular movement. Use normal water to wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process for 2 times in a week.
Fenugreek and green gram to prevent facial hair
- Fenugreek is a medicinal herb. Even this helps in treating hirsutism.
- Soak fenugreek seeds and green gram to grind it. Make a paste.
- Apply this mixture to the face and leave it till everything is evenly dried.
- With a soft cloth, gently rub off the paste to remove the facial hair.
How to get rid of facial hair with turmeric
Turmeric can be used with another ingredient to make an effective hair removal agent. It has anti-septic properties too, that can prevent any skin infections.
- Add water to 2 teaspoons of turmeric, mix well and make a fine paste.
- Apply it to the face and wait till it dries. Wipe it with a wet cloth to remove turmeric along with the hair.
- Continue this for a few weeks to remove the excess facial hair.
Oatmeal scrub for facial hair removal
The texture of oatmeal makes it a good scrub. Oatmeal has antioxidants and avenathramide that helps to protect skin from UV rays. Adding lemon juices causes thinning of facial hair and honey makes the skin softer.
- Add lemon juice to oatmeal, mix it well. Add honey to this mixture. All contents in the ratio of 1:1.
- Apply this paste to the face and leave it for about 25 minutes. Ensure to rub your face gently in circular motions for 5 minutes and against the direction of hair growth.
- Wash off with lukewarm water. You can do this for 3 times in a week.
Barley scrub to remove stubborn unwanted facial hair
Barley works well for thick facial hair. It also adds a glow to your skin.
- Take barley powder, lime juice and mil in the ratio of 1:1. Mix all the contents.
- Apply it to the face and leave it for half hour.
- Wash it with warm water.
All the above discussed remedies are tried and tested by most of the older generation. We belong to the hi-tech generation and barely have time to try such remedies at home, we rather have time to go to a salon and shell out some bucks and get it done. I would rather suggest the ladies to try these remedies to get rid of this problem.