The symptom of burning sensation and pain while urinating, this is urinary tract infection. You may also have a high fever, temperature running up to 102 degrees Fahrenheit. Holding the bladder for a long time, having a catheter and not urinating after an intercourse. The bacteria grow in the urethra cause UTI. This infection is more prevalent among women. Treat it with a few home remedies, if the infection is still prolonging then, it is important to consult a physician and get the treatment.
Causes of urinary tract infection
- UTI causes when your bladder is full, but still you are waiting too long to urinate
- Pregnancy is also one of the reasons
- Urethritis occurs when the harmful bacteria are pushed back in the urethra
- If you have kidney stones, then there is a chance of the cause of UTI
- Menopausal problems
- Diabetes and sexual intercourse
Symptoms of UTI
- Find a yellow colored urine
- Fever and traces of blood in urine
- Some foul smell when you urinate
- Pain and burning sensation while urinating
- Vomiting and nausea
- Pain in abdomen
Home remedies for urinary tract infection (UTI)
Indian gooseberry or Amla to treat a UTI
Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C the helps to turn inhibits the growth of bacteria. Take a cup of water. Add a teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder and one teaspoon of turmeric powder into the solution. Mix them well and boil the solution, until half of the water evaporates. Drink the solution three times a day for about 3 – 5 days.
Make a note that you can use any fruit such as lemon, oranges, papaya, bananas, guava, raspberries, kiwi, tomatoes and melon which fights against bacteria that causes urinary tract infection. This is because they are rich in Vitamin C.
Drink more water to prevent UTI pain
Drink a lot of water. By taking water, the toxins get flushed out while urinating. Coconut water is also good for Urinary infections. When you are affected by UTI, it is painful to urinate. By taking a lot of water, urine gets diluted with water and eases the pain and burning sensation.
Do not hold the bladder for long time
Holding urine too long will effect on the bladder. Each and every time you urinate the bacteria comes out.
- It is not good to hold the bladder when you have a urinary infection. Urinate as much as you can.
Home treatment for urinary tract infection
- Home remedies subside the problem in a couple of days. However, if it does not subside and is accompanied by a high fever, consult a physician.
- Always wipe from front to back after urinating of a bowel movement. By doing so, it will prevent the entry and spread of the bacteria to the vagina and urethra.
Apple cider vinegar to treat bladder infectiokn
Apple cider vinegar is the best source of enzymes called potassium and minerals. This helps to prevent bacteria that cause UTIs from multiplying of growing. This helps in suffering UTIs that can use apple cider vinegar, which is a natural antibiotic to treat infection. Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and add a glass of water into it. Add some lemon juice into it and add little amount of honey into the mixture. Mix them well and drink the solution. Drink two times a day for a few days.
Hot fomentation reduces abdominal pain
Hot compression helps to reduce the abdominal pain. But, before applying make sure that the it is not too hot as it can burn your skin.
- Place a hot water bag on the abdomen to relieve the pain.
Baking soda reduces frequent urination
Baking soda is nothing but an alkaline substance and is opposite of acidic. It is rich in sodium content. It helps to neutralize and also reduces the acidity of urine. Baking soda helps to reduce the burning sensation while urinating.
- Add baking soda (half a spoon) to a glass of normal water and drink
- Drink this in the early morning and repeat it 1 – 2 times a week, when you avoid salt.
Foods to remove urinary tract infections
Fiber rich foods help in easy digestion. And along with them make sure to drink lots of water to flush out stomach acids and toxins in the body.
- Caffeine, spicy food, alcohol, carbonated beverages and artificial sweeteners will worsen the trouble. Take high fiber foods, add olive oil in your food.
Parsley water removes UTI
Parsley is diuretic in nature.
- Put 1 cup of parsley leaves in one cup of water. Reduce the flame and let it simmer for a while. Strain the solution and drink it hot. You may take this two times in a day.
- Put some dried parsley leaves in boiling water, cover it and wait for 10 minutes. Strain the water and drink it.
Tea tree oil for bladder infection removal
Tea tree oil is the best home remedy to treat UTI pain. Tea tree oil is rich in antibacterial properties. This helps to fight against a bacterium that causes bladder infection such as UTIs. Take 10 drops of tea tree oil and add them in your bath water. Mix them well and use this water to wash the urethra opening.
- There is another method, mix tea tree oil in equal amount of juniper oil and sandalwood oil. Rub the mixture on the abdominal region and an area near the bladder. This is the effective way to reduce pain and associated with UTIs. Repeat the process once a day for three to four days.
- There is one more alternative method, simply treating UTI by soaking in warm bath water. Add two teaspoons of plain yogurt and six drops of tea tree oil into it. Mix them well and soak your body in it. Repeat the process daily for about 10 minutes. Do this for 10 days for best results.
Celery seeds increase urine production
Celery seeds are also diuretic in nature. Celery seeds help to increase the production of urine.
- You can just chew a handful of celery seeds after your meal. It also helps in digestion.
- They help in easy digestion and repeat this 1 – 2 times a day or else have them as a snack after a meal.
Cucumbers cools the body
Eating cucumbers are a wonderful way to get extra fluid in your body. Cucumber is rich in water content and helps you to have a hard time drinking enough water. Enjoy eating cucumber mostly in summer that helps to keep your body cool and is good for health.
- Just slice and eat in your salad or snack.
Ginger tea good for health
How can I not mention ginger? The chemical formula in ginger helps in reducing inflammation.
- Just make a cup of ginger tea and drink. All you need to do is to add a pinch of ginger crush to your tea.
Cranberry juice prevents the growth of bacteria
- The acidic substance in the juice hampers the growth of bacteria. This works well for the women who had recurring issues of UTI. Drink 2 glasses of cranberry juice when you have this infection.
Blueberries to prevent UTI without drugs
The berries, this one is more like cranberry. You can alternatively take blueberry juice. Blueberries have bacteria inhibiting property that helps to prevent UTIs. Try a gallon of blueberry juice with a handful of flavorful sprinkled on it. Take this after your breakfast.
Best rare food to treat UTI with horseradish
Horseradish belongs to the family of cabbage. This has an amazing property that can kill the bacteria. Horseradish has anti-microbial property with a natural compound in the plant of allyl isothiocyanate (AITC). AITC is nothing but a bactericidal that helps to kill bacteria outright. It also helps to attack the cell membrane of the bacterium.
- Grate the horseradish; take 1 teaspoon two times a day along with milk or water.
Tartar and lemon change pH of urine
The cream of tartar can change the pH of your urine that makes it harder for bacteria to thrive in. Vitamin C in lemon kills bacteria and concoction to dry a UTI.
- Add cream of tartar to 1 and half cup of lukewarm water. Add lime juice and stir well. Drink this solution every day.
Pineapple prevents UTIs
Bromelain is an antibiotic to get rid of UTI infection. Eat a cup of pineapple to taste good and also helps to reduce urinary infection.
- The enzyme called Bromelain gets rid of the infection if taken along with an anti-biotic suggested by your physician. Eating pineapples are also getting rid of this UTI.
All the above discussed are a few remedies that might come in handy. If you are prone to UTI, ensure that you clean yourselves before and after making love. Urinate after making out to flush out any harmful bacteria. Avoid using a diaphragm as it may cause a UTI. Make a habit of keeping an aspirin or ibuprofen to ease the pain. Always try and keep yourself free if you have to commute long distances, as in, urinate before you leave home. Holding the bladder is also a bad idea. Make sure, you always wipe from front to back. If it is a prolonged UTI, then, my advice is to see a physician. If this infection is persistent, it might affect the kidneys.