One of the most popular facial procedures is the vegetable peel facial due to its chemical free properties. It is said that that the bark or peel contains a huge amount of active ingredients and nutrients which help in rejuvenating facial tissues and make the skin soft and supple. In order to improve your skin texture with the help of this powerful treatment all you need to do is prepare the peel facial at home with a few simple and natural ingredients available at home. If you are tired of expensive chemical peels which give temporary results and damage your skin in the long run, then vegetable peel facial should be the solution to all your problems. Vegetables contain naturally existing AHAs, which help in hydrating your skin and reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Peels prove to be best for skin whitening, scrubbing and cleansing.
We all have different skin problems to tackle, hence choose the vegetable that will work precisely on your skin condition. So you can choose among the vegetables mentioned below along with their benefits to treat your skin naturally.
Cucumber is a natural astringent that will help tighten your skin, close pores and even kill bacteria. This vegetable best suits normal to oily skin.
Green Banana is used as a skin whitener and helps lighten your skin tone instantly.
Carrot works great in wrinkle reducing properties. Using a carrot peel twice a week will definitely subside wrinkles and fine lines and reveal younger looking skin. Carrots are safe on all skin types.
Sweet potato helps cure tan caused due to sun rays.
Radish has high amount of Vitamin B6 and helps to clean out blackheads.
Lemon works wonders for any skin type. It acts as a bleaching agent also removes tan, reduces acne, pimples, and helps to treat various skin problems.
Bottle gourd is an extremely useful vegetable that can help your skin get its glow back with even one use.
Potato is very useful in treating acne. It also helps to control and reduce the outburst of acne.
Bitter gourd helps get rid of facial scars. Regular use of bitter gourd peels (2-3 times a week) will help in treating scars.
Cabbage is rich in vitamin A, B, C, K and P which keep the skin well nourished. Cabbage helps in skin tightening, reduces lines and wrinkles.
Different kinds of vegetable peels
There are different methods in which we can prepare these vegetable peels, according to our requirements. These are a few methods that you can use to make the best use of the veggies.
- Grate the peel of vegetables and blend them properly to dry into powders. Store them in air tight containers and use them accordingly by mixing a suitable ingredient for your skin type, for example: Cider vinegar, honey, yogurt, milk or rose water. If you are using the mixture to scrub your face, be very gentle to avoid any kind of skin irritations. You can also add Vitamin E oil into this mixture for better results.
- Choose vegetables according to your requirement. Wash and make a fine puree. Sieve to get a textured mixture. Add Aloe Vera gel or rose water along with gelatin and mix it thoroughly. Transfer the mixture into a saucepan and stir over low heat until the gelatin dissolves completely. Now leave it in a refrigerator until it acquires a gel like consistency. Apply this paste on your face and neck, leaving the eye and lip area. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and gently peel it away from your skin.
- Make a facial mask using 3 tablespoons of finely blended vegetable of your choice, 2 teaspoons rice flour and an egg white. Apply this mask on your face for about 20 minutes and wash off.
Advantages of vegetable peel facial
- Vegetable peels help in getting back a natural and long lasting glow to your face.
- These peels help in rejuvenating skin cells and remove dead skin cells.
- The vegetable extracts are filled with the goodness of vitamins, minerals and nutrients which work miraculously in treating scars, blemishes, and pigmentation; reduces wrinkles, fine lines and saggy skin.