Fashion is most common used word nowadays, which is a general term for a popular style or practice, especially in clothing, footwear, accessories, makeup, body piercing or furniture. Trying new trendy fashion styles are followed by most of the women to be beautiful. Fashion is an habitual trend in the style that can add more beauty. Fashion includes a person dresses, prevailing styles styles in behavior that shows more attention. Fashions and clothing are constantly changing day-by-day that can differ from place to place. It depends on some factors that include age, geography and climate.
The fashion fact is that each and every state of the country has its own distinct traditional clothing. Fashion for both men and women doesn’t makes no different in Indian culture and is very unique compared to others. Women’s clothing in India varies widely than other countries according to their to local culture, religion and climate.
India is a country with diversifies customs and cultures that impacts most of the people to follow their traditional wear dressing. People with different traditions live in India with the difference in dressing too. The traces of Indians being fashionable which is found from the ancients of Harappa and Mohenjodaro civilizations as an ancient tradition. The change in the Indian dressing occurred due to the Independence globalization witnessed in Indian industry.
The Indian peoples culture, religion, dialect and attire are as diverse as the landscape of this vast country. India doesn’t have one dress due to the diversity which can be called as the National Dress of the country.
In the northern part of India the dressing style is Salwar Kameez, which is dominant among women. In the West India the traditional dress to be followed is Lehenga choli in Rajasthan and Gujarat. The Southern Indian follows saree or sari as an Indian traditional dress.
Styles of Indian fashion are with sarees and Salwar-Kameez, which has been changed with different styling trend follower by the people. Different styles of blouses like Katori style, halter-neck, back button blouses, high neck blouses, puffed sleeve blouses, etc. These blouse trending designs have become the hot favorite among women mostly nowadays. The average lengths of the blouses have decreased compared to olden days.
Indian clothing is colorful and free flowing. This style reflects the country’s cultural and ethnic diversity. They are designed to be comfortable in the sweltering heat at the time of the Indian summer. The majority of Indian fashion and clothing history for perfect Indian style is by Hindu traditions to look classic. But, there is an increase in younger Indians that make them to the globalized fashion world for cross-cultural styles.
In Urban India, the Salwar Kameez and the Churidar Kameez are most common dress traditions for women. The saree is worn on formal occasions by most of the Indian women. Men wear kurtas and pajamas, or a Sherwani for formal wear in Indian tradition. Jeans, T-shirts, Capris, Bermudas and which are some various kinds of casual clothing that can be worn by the teenager and the young at heart, who are the trendsetters of fashion in India.
The most of the Indian tradition for women are Salwar Kameez, Kurta, saree, and Ghaghara Choli (Lehenga).
Top best Indian traditional costume is saree
The sari is the traditional garment of an Indian woman to look beautiful. Saree is a long piece of un-stitched piece of cloth or a strip of cloth. This may vary from five to nine yards (or 47 by 216 inches) in length. Saree can be worn in different styles to look different and stylish. A sari is worn over a petticoat which makes you look fit and perfect. The short-sleeved midriff-baring blouse with saree looks beautiful.
Sari is the most popular dresses worn by Indian women to look trendy and fashion. In fact, the first thing that comes to mind is when one thinks of a typical Indian woman wearing a sari.
Two of the borders define the edges of the length of the sari which are used to drape saree perfectly. The third comprises the end piece of the other two borders and is more complex. This end piece is the part of the sari that is draped over the shoulder and left hand over the back or front, which is known popularly as the Pallu or Anchal.
Sari Style Tips for heavy weight women
- Choose the right fabrics that suits to your personality and drape the saree in the right manner.
- You can look far slimmer than your actual body size in saree. Light fabric is best such as georgette, chiffon, crepe, Italian silk and such other lightweight materials.
- Shorter women should stay away from sarees with borders. This is because as they make you look shorter. Dark colors are best for the women who are shorter.
- Stiff materials like cotton and organza adds more volume to your body and make you look beautiful. Cotton, silk sarees will suit for heavy weight women. They can also try for a traditional heavy cotton saree.
- Properly iron the cotton sarees, tissue or any starched material before draping. This will make them look firmly press the pleats with hands while draping.
Sari style tips for slim women
- Heavy & fluffy fabrics such as brocade sarees, silk sarees, cotton sarees, Organza will suit for slim women are best.
- Choose the light colored sarees that are particularly pastel shade. This will suit your body type to look classic.
- If you are tall, then you can wear synthetic sarees, you need to go for bold and big prints as they make you look beautiful.
Salwar Kameez is the top best second most common outfit worn by Indian women. Women love wearing different dresses for different occasions and mostly on wedding parties. A Salwar is a baggy pajama with pleats which gets narrow at the ankles and are held together with a drawstring around the waist. Salwar can be worn with loose Kurta called the Kameez. This is usually worn with the Salwar Kameez. Indian women all over the country prefer the Salwar Kameez mostly. This is because of the comfort and ease of movement that it offers without any maintenance.
The Salwar Kameez fashion has been flaunted by women since many centuries, which is not new to India.
The corridor is a version of Salwar, which is loosely up to the knees. This best fit with the calf which is below for that and can make you look beautiful. Usually a long quote is that to go below the knees, and is worn with the corridor.
Indian Suit / Salwar Kameez / Churidaar Style Tips
- If your height is averaging between 5’3” -5’5”, then the ideal length of your Kameez is 47-52inches. This is the best way as it will be longer length Kameez, which are not only fashion, but also have a tendency to make one look tall and slim.
- Fabrics like net, tissue and organza best suits for heavier appeal. Whereas fabrics like crepe, chiffon, silk and georgette for flattering appeal.
- Try to avoid puffed sleeves or Bandh gala if you have broad shoulders. You should choose for semi sleeves, usually about 4-5inches, if you have flabby or big arms.
- Tie the sewer around your naval area. This helps you to pull in your stomach and make you look with a flat tummy.
- Avoid stiff or starched clothes which make you look bigger.
- Fair skin people, soft pastels to midtone colors such as peach, lilac, pink, greens, blues, etc., works better. These colors will make you look great with outfits.
- Dark skinned should opt for darker shades. This is because as they will blend in and not stand out!
- Washing and ironing your Salwar Kameez with care. As expensive Salwar Kameez should be dry cleaned and do not go for normal wash.
Ghaghra / Lehenga Choli
A Ghaghra or a lehenga is a long pleated skirt. This can be worn with a couple of short fitted blouse that shows off the midriff and an odhni (dupatta). It’s just like a long umbrella skirt which should be tied real tight and can be loosened up by usage (it usually tends to loosen up) right below the belly button. This is usually embroidered or has a thick border at the bottom, mirror work or dazzling embroidery that comes in vibrant colors.
Lehengas are extremely popular among Indian brides. This is for many years and now again the trend is coming back with this lehenga preferred wedding attire. Lehenga choli is a favorite among most of the women for weddings and can be worn by brides. Nowadays lehengas will be available in various cuts in the market and online with multiple designs, colors and styles that best suits for every body shape. Bridal women look graceful and elegant in lehenga choli. It can be tailor made or bought straight out of a boutique to look beautiful. You will get a wide range of Indian Lehengas in an extensive collection of styles and patterns.
Lehenga Style Tips
- Fish Cut: Fish cut style is fitted till the knee and then flares out at the bottom. This style fits well on the hips and is recommended for women with a curvaceous or an hourglass figure.
- Straight Cut: This style is straight from waist to hem. The coat resembles a wrap around skirt, which creates a slimming effect. This is most suitable for almost all body types to look beautiful.
- Flared: This is most suitable for slimmer bodies. The flared style has a large border and lots of pleats near the waist and adds volume to your dress.
- A-line: This style resembles for an alphabet A, here the skirt flares from the waist to the hem. Since it has a little flare as it sits well on thin, as well as pear shaped bodies to look fit.
- Panel Length: This style is comprised of a number of panels which can be sewn together by creating a slimming effect.
Kurta is best fashion trendy style
Kurta is nothing by a long loose shirt. A kurta is a simple long shirt that falls below the waist and are up to the knees. In olden days it is worn by men, but nowadays it has become a unisex dress for both women and men. This is a daily casual wear for office wear and can be accompanied by a dupatta. The kurta with salwar pants, which are wide at the thighs and narrower at the ankles for a perfect combination. The chudidhar pants are normally narrow throughout the leg, but leggings or jeggings or jeans are different from it.
Sharara is another Indian traditional woman dressing style
The sharara is nothing but a simple replacement of gharara. This is nothing but a loose pleated embroidered trouser for women, which make you look unique and simple. Try this different dressing style to bring back the ancient tradition. This is because the sharara dressing style is followed by most of the Nawabs in Lucknow traditional attire. This came from them and is simple looks as salwar kameez. This sharara can be worn commonly with a long kameez and a dupatta which gives a traditional look.