Rosewater is the result of rose oil production. By steam distillation the rose petals a watery substance remains after the essential oil is removed. This itself has a good fragrance. As we know it’s costly for its cosmetic and flavor properties. The genuine rose water smell is very pleasant. It is most preferably used in skin care products. Nowadays, most of the chefs are using this in preparing the dishes for good appeal.
Rose water is a very good source of soothing the eyes. In this busy, stressed work life, most of people spend endless hours in front of a computer screen. The environmental pollution also plays havoc on our eyes. Taking good eye care is important. The healing properties of rose water make it ideal for eye care. So here we are discussing the popular benefits of rose water for eyes. Simple, just have a look at how to use rose water for eyes?
Benefits of rose water for eyes
Soothing effect to get rid of tired eyes
Rose water gives much relief from soothing tired and fatigued eyes. It is also good for people who spend much time on the computer. Applying rose water to the eyes gives sparkle to the eyes, and makes them look stunning, attractive, and healthy.
Fresh rose water can also be used as an eye drop daily. It helps in preventing and curing dark circles and puffiness. It also helps to cleanse and cool the eyes in a gentle manner.
By soaking cotton swabs mildly in rose water and allowing it over the eyes for a soothing, cooling and relaxing effect. Dark circles can be controlled by sprinkling rose water under the eyes. Mix sandalwood with rose water and apply to the eyelids and wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes. This gives relief from those tired and droopy eyes.
Puffiness treatment for clear eyes
Pouring a few drops of rose water in your eyes helps to clear out all impurities from the eyes and also keeps the eyes sparkling and healthy. Applying rose water on your dark circles, reduces them. Rose water is the best source in reducing the puffiness of the eyes too.
Inflammation treatment to get relived from rose water
Inflammation and burning sensation can be relieved by applying 2-3 drops of rose water into the eyes. Then close the eyes for a few minutes. Rose water also used to clean the eyes every night in order to get rid of any infection. Because rose oil has anti-inflammatory properties. Rose water helps in reducing the redness from irritated eyes or any overheated skin. It acts as a great cleanser and promotes in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores surrounding the eyes. Rosewater is also used as one of the ingredients in Ayurvedic medicine.
Great anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties
Rose water has many medicinal healing properties such as antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Thereby it protects from the dust, pollutants, and redness, inflammation of the eye and harmful ingredients of makeup and beauty products which we use. Take two cotton balls and dip the cotton balls in some rose water. Place these over the eyes for 10-15 minutes in order to get the best benefits.
Reduces stress and fatigue
Rose water makes an excellent eye wash nowadays. It acts as a great reliever of stress and fatigue for the people who use to stay for a long time on computer and television screens. Add a few drops of rose water in some water and rinsing the eyes well with this solution containing a cotton pad gives a good relaxation.
Excellent eye drops for relaxation
Rose water is also used as eye drops medicinally because this gives relaxation and washes extra dirt present in the eyes. So pour 2-3 drops of rose water in each eye, by lying down in a comfortable position. Relax for at least 10 minutes without opening eyes.
Rose water treats dark circles
Rose water is often considered as a great remedy for reducing dark circles. Spray a mixture of cold milk and rose water on a cotton ball, leave this for at least 10 minutes on the eyes daily, gives you a remarkable change within 3 – 4 weeks.
The eyes are one of the most beautiful creations and gift of God to human beings. So preserve them well by applying this simple rosewater technique to the eyes, which enriches the glow and beauties of eyes especially and also the entire body.
Top best rose water benefits for eyes
These are the best homemade rose water tips for eyes.
- Rose water is best for eyes that are burning, running, swelling, irritation, and inflammation. The eyes will be turned into red, which is an ideal treatment for eyes cure.
- Relax your eyes with rose water in smoothing your eyes. Simply dip a piece of cotton in rose water for 2 – 3 minutes and then place it over your eyes for soothing. This makes you feel relaxed.
- Rose water helps to clean dust from eyes. This is impossible to wash your eyes with the help of water. Simply, put a few drops of rose water in the eyes just before going to sleep.
- Rose water reduces irritation in eyes that are caused due to dryness and stress. So, eyes, irritation are caused due to spending long hours in front of the system or book reading or watching TV. This helps to get rid of all problems that need to put a few drops of rose water in eyes.
- Dark circles around eyes helps to get rid with rose water. Simply, crush a piece of cucumber and squeeze them to get the juice out of it. Add 2 – 3 drops of rose water to the cucumber juice. Apply it around the eyes. Wash your eyes for about 20 minutes.
- Just put 3 drops of rose water in both eyes. Keep your eyes closed for 5 – 10 minutes and then slowly release it.
- Rose water is rich in nutrients such as flavonoids, anti-oxidants, citric acid, zinc, vitamins like A, C, E, D, B3, fructose, malic acid, and tannins.
- The eyes are more vital part of our body. The harmful UV rays and growing pollution in the environment are easily affected. Thus, the eyes can tend to strain the bright sunlight, which leads to wrinkles.