Tea has garnered attention for its health promoting potential throughout the past several decades. Green tea is not oxidized so its buds and leaves retain much of the naturally occurring chemicals that are present in the leaves when they grow.
The health benefits of green tea are generally attributed to these health promoting flavonoids that are particular to a catechin and polyphenols. Unwanted toxins that enter your body create unwanted free radicals.
Anti-ageing benefits of green tea
- Green tea helps in anti-ageing of skin. As the cells can replicate the age, the DNA sequences at the end of chromosomes are called telomeres that can shorten.
- Water extractable polyphenols exists in tea that is powerful with antioxidants and hunt down free radicals in your body.
- Green tea has five different types of catechins, but the mightiest of all epigallocatechin gallate or EGCg for short.
- The antioxidant properties of the green tea have constituent nutrients that protects telomeres from oxidative damage in the normal aging process.
- The green tea has polyphenols exists as a series of chemicals called as catechins. Catechins can hold all the potent antioxidant and disease fighting properties.
- This helps in encouraging the average difference in the telomere length between tea drinkers and non-tea drinkers that corresponds to the difference of 5 years of life.
Free radicals will damage your body cell decomposition that it is pretty much speeds up the whole aging process as well as other diseases related to aging.
- Anti aging, anti heart disease, and anticancer: Antioxidants that are in a nutshell fight off these free radicals, thus helping you look young and feel young too. It is great for the skin that it helps to keep those darn wrinkles away while retaining that vibrant, youthful glow.
- Anti wrinkles and dullness: Green tea contains amino acids that help you relax and relieve you from stress and anxiety.
- Anti stress: Green tea is great for when you are trying to lose a couple of unwanted pounds. This gives your metabolism a good boost. Green tea helps to burn up to 70 calories in a single day and helps to add up to 7 pounds in a year.
- Weight loss, control, obesity: Green tea helps to stop the movement of glucose in your fat cells. It prevents you from gaining back the weight that you already lost by gaining any more pounds. It also helps to control your blood sugar levels.
Health benefits of green tea
Weight loss: Green tea increase energy and fat oxidation in humans within 24 hours of supplementation. It is significant thermogenic properties and promoted fat oxidation more effectively than either the placebo or caffeine. It is great for losing a deadly fat known as visceral fat that is at inside the abdomen.
Brain cells: Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties to penetrate the brain barrier that protects neuronal death. People who take green tea daily will have a lower risk of death due to stroke.
Anticancer: Cancer cells while leave healthy cells alone, a feat that current cancer treatments have yet to match. Five cups of green tea each day will reduce the risk of lymph cancers by up to 48%, and blood cancers by 42%.
Cellular aging benefit of green tea: In the study of Chinese, men who take green or Oolong tea has cells, which are most enthusiastic tea drinkers that are showed about five fewer years. This is better to wear and tear compared to the cells of those who drank little tea. The benefits when you take green tea of three or more cups each day. But, those who didn’t benefit drank less than one cup. This is examined in the participants of telomeres to see how the cells had aged. Telomeres are the protective caps on the end of your DNA strands. Each time your cells are divided to telomeres shorten a little. This is eventually old cells are not able to replicate properly. Thus, the study showed that the most devoted tea drinkers had significantly longer telomeres those who drank less than a cup a day. Thus, the researchers think that the antioxidants in the green tea help maintain your telomeres. This is quite interesting, it was only men who benefit from this effect, but not for women. This is because some of the feminine hormones already provide the same protection. You can notice that there are plenty of other resources for women to drink green and Oolong tea.
Some other health benefits of green tea
Sun damage protection: The polyphenols contained in green tea are powerful antioxidants which are not only protected by the body from damage by free radicals, but it also protects the cells against DNA damage from UV radiation.
Graceful aging: Green tea provides anti-aging benefits that pave the way for graceful aging. People who drink green tea are more agile and medically independent as they age. It helps to protect your body against general health impairing effects by fighting cell damage.
Boosting the immune system: Green tea consumption helps from illness during influenza season. Consume green tea daily to get out of sick less often by drinking between 1 – 5 cups per day.
Clearing nasal congestion: Green tea blocks histamine production that it helps to boost the immune system.
Reducing stress: People who are suffering from psychological stress helped to lessen that stress, found by drinking five cups of the tea each day. It helps to reduce stress up to 20%.
Improves memory: When EGCG reaches the brain that it appears to stimulate neuron growth in the hippocampus, a brain region related to memory. It works a maze faster than those that didn’t get into the compound.
Green tea benefits for skin
Green tea helps to prevent a number of skin diseases, including skin cancer. The high content of anti-oxidants, called polyphenols, seems to be responsible for this by removing free radicals from the skin before they have a chance to attack the DNA in your skin cells that it leads to cancer. It protects against UV exposure from the sun, and is used to reduce the impact of the sun that has on the health of your skin.
Green tea contains a high concentration of polyphenols, chemicals with potent antioxidant properties. It prevents and treats you from various skin diseases including skin cancer. It will damage cell compounds that alter DNA molecules in the chromosomes, including harmful mutations that lead to the initiation of skin cancer.