Ringworm is a fungal infection. The infection appears like a ring patch on the skin. It appears like a patch, the center part is a scaly. This is a contagious infection. Ringworm is of different types such as body ringworm and foot worm. Here are a few home remedies for ringworm with which, the ringworm can be treated.
Common causes of ring worms
Ringworm is caused by the fungus called as Trichophyton rubrum. It is a contagious infection and is hard to eliminate. Ring worms cause an itching sensation. This also tends to spread over your other parts of the body with fingers. It can occur on any part of the body and is commonly on scalp, nails, feet, and hands. It may also occur in children due to lack of essential fatty acids that helps to prevent ringworm infection. The most common causes of ringworm are scratches or cuts in the skin, swimming pool, affects due to sweating, unwashed clothes, and pets.
Home remedies for ringworm
Garlic best home treatment
The anti-biotic property of garlic treats the fungal infection.
- Crush the garlic cloves, add honey and olive oil to this paste. Mix it well, apply it to the affected skin. Leave it for an hour and wash off with warm water. Do this for 2-3 times a day for 2 weeks.
Tea Tree Oil to prevent ring worms
The tea tree oil has anti-septic and anti-fungal agents in it. This is an excellent treatment for ringworm. Use a concentrated tea tree oil. The combination of oils may not be as effective as a concentrated one. If the concentrated oil irritates you, then dilute it with warm water.
- Clean the infected area neatly with water and pat dry.
- Dip a cotton swab in the tea tree oil and apply it to the infected part. Follow the same process for 3 times in a day. Do this for about 2 to 3 weeks till the infection subsides.
Raw papaya to cure skin infections
The green papaya helps in the removal of dead cells from the skin. The enzymes present in papaya kill the viruses, yeasts and the fungus. It also helps in curing inflammation.
- Make a paste of raw papaya and apply it evenly to the infected area. Leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash off with water and repeat this for 3 times in a day.
Salt water to heal wounds
Salt works as an astringent. It fastens up the healing of a wound. Salt acts as a disinfectant and also dries the wound.
- Add salt and gram flour in the ratio of ¼ and 1/2. Mix this in warm water, Soak the affected area in this mixture.
- Moist salt with a little water. Apply and rub it on the ringworm for 20 minutes.
- Take salt and vinegar in the ratios of 1 and 2. Mix them well. Apply this paste to the affected part and leave it for 10 minutes, do this 3 times a day.
Lemongrass to reduce ringworms
Lemongrass is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It can be consumed in the form of tea or even applied as oil.
- Grind the lemongrass leaves, add buttermilk to make a fine paste. Apply it to the affected area and leave it for close to 30 minutes and wash off.
- You could also apply the oil to the ringworm 5 times in a day.
Grapefruit seed extract to kill bacteria
Grapefruit seed extract is taken from grapefruit seed, pulp and white membranes of grapefruit. This is an anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-bacterial in nature.
- Add grapefruit seed extract to warm water and make a fine paste. Apply it to the affected area with a cotton swab. Repeat this for 3 times in a day.
Camphor for ringworms
Camphor has anti-fungal properties. It was used in ancient India to fight the insects.
- Take camphor powder and apply it to the ringworm every day.
- Add sesame oil to the camphor powder and rub the rashes.
- You can also mix camphor oil with olive oil and apply it to the infected area. Repeat this 3 times in a day.
Neem best natural treatment
The neem is an age old remedy for all kinds of skin related problems. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Take ½ teaspoon Neem powder, add water to make a paste. Apply it to the rashes.
- Alternatively, you can also apply neem oil to the ringworm.
- Add half cup of aloe vera gel to a half teaspoon of Neem oil, apply this mixture to the ringworm.
Lavender oil to soothe skin problems
Lavender oil contains anti-depressant and gives a soothing effect to the nerves. It also has anti-fungal property which is used to treat skin infections.
- Apply 4 drops of lavender oil to the ringworm and leave it for the entire day.
Best home remedy for ringworms with turmeric
Turmeric is the best natural herbal product to cure all skin problems. Turmeric has the property of antibiotics and antiseptic properties that can kill ringworm. Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric juice with 1 teaspoon of raw honey and swallow it in the form of medicine. Immediately after swallowing, apply turmeric juice on the affected area of the skin. Repeat this process daily until the ringworm is gone. In order to prevent ringworms on your skin, it is better to apply the turmeric and honey paste to your skin 3 times a day.
Coriander seeds to protect fro fungal infections
A coriander seed helps to protect from fungal infections. Turmeric has antiseptic property that helps to reduce fungal infections. Take a teaspoon of coriander paste and mix it with turmeric powder. Mix them well and apply it on the affected area. Leave it for some time and then wash it off with water. This remedy helps to promote coolness and also helps to get rid of itching sensation on the skin.
Carrot juice to reduce skin infections
Carrot is rich in Vitamin A that helps to reduce ringworm infections. It has antioxidant property which can maintain healthy skin. Prepare a drink mixture with 3:2 proportions of carrot juice and spinach juice. Drink this juice that is very effective in treating ringworms. This also helps to treat other skin diseases.
Aloe vera gel best for irritated skin
Aloe vera helps to soothe irritated skin due to its anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and slice it down to the center. Take out aloe vera gel from the leaf. Apply this gel on the affected area. Repeat it 3 times a day. This helps to cure skin problems and also used in beauty care. It is also good for health.
Coconut oil for scalp ring worms
Coconut oil is the best way to treat your gray hair and scalp infections. This is well known to heal the properties of coconut oil, which is effective in treating ringworm infections. This is best and easily available ingredient found in your home. The coconut oil provides a great relief from itchy skin that makes your skin smooth and soft. Coconut oil is used to treat scalp ringworms. Apply the oil on the affected area overnight. This helps to eliminate and build up the residue of the infection.
Apple cider vinegar for ringworm
The apple cider vinegar is the best ingredient for weight loss. This is a natural antifungal properties that can treat the ringworm infections. Apple cider vinegar is the better to get rid of blood pressure problems. This is the best home remedy that is effectively used. Apply it undiluted apple vinegar to the patchy area with a clean cotton ball. Repeat it several times a day for a few days. Use this until the patches gets disappeared. Apply it 3 – 5 times for about 3 days. Apple cider vinegar is used to completely eliminate the fungal infection.
Raw vegetable juices to prevent ringworm infections
Raw vegetable juice is the best way to cure and control the ring worm disease and disorders. Vegetable juices such as carrot and spinach are used in treating ringworm infections. Take 200 milliliters of spinach juice and 300 milliliters of carrot juice. Mix them well to form a 500 milliliters of juice. Drink this juice twice a day for better results. This vegetable juice slowly helps to reduce fungus. This can also destroy the ringworm infection with a few days.
Mud face pack to remove ringworm infections
Mud is good to treat skin problems. Mud applied on the skin helps to prevent fungus. Apply mud pack on the affected area, that helps to stop spreading fungus infection and can relieve from the area free of moisture. Thus, apply a mud pack that is generously used and affects on the skin for 30 – 60 minutes every day. If you like, you can also leave the mud pack on the skin overnight for better results.