The biggest day in the life of a girl is her wedding day. Brides should understand the difference between everyday makeup and the type of application that will enhance their beauty in wedding photos. It is the day when all your dreams are about to come true and we are sure that nothing else matters.
The wedding day is one time event in man and woman’s life and it is something they fantasize many times. Here are some simple Indian bridal makeup tips to help you look your gorgeous best so that he falls in love with you all over again! Of course, the desire to look and feel our most beautiful, inside and out, is at its peak on our wedding day. But, make sure you only use products that suit your skin tone and are not out of date. You want your skin to glow and your smile to be the brightest of all. You may choose to do your bridal makeup yourself or pick a stylist you can trust.
Tips on Indian bridal makeup
You should always keep yourself prepared so as to avoid any last minute surprise that may ruin your day. Every bride of having a radiant and glowing face on her wedding day. Simple beauty tricks like using a gel foundation as base makeup, muted and lighter tones for a radiant look. For this, follow a simple routine of cleansing your face 3-4 times a day. Use a moisturizing lotion to protect your face from dust that may cause dull spots and blemishes. The right lip brush or avoiding too many coats of mascara can assure an appearance worthy of many compliments. Get rid of the oiliness and dullness by applying a face pack, but make sure it does not cause irritation of skin, making it red.
The steps followed to achieve this look are quite simple.
- Start with preparing the skin with moisturizer.
- Start by applying a lip balm.
- Begin with eye makeup so that you can clean up fallouts with a makeup remover later.
- Apply eye primer and follow up with a rich gold pigment.
- Add a cranberry shade in the outer corner of the eye up to the crease. To intensify the corner a bit more, apply black eye shadow on the outer corner only.
- Apply a highlighter on the brow bone.
- Fill the eyebrows with a matte brown shade.
- Add some glitter glue on the eyeball and follow up with glitters.
- Apply Kajal and then some gel eyeliner with a pointed tip brush and wing it out if you’d like.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
- Clean the eye shadow fallout’s with a cotton pad and makeup remover and then begins with the foundation routine.
- Apply face primer.
- Add foundation and concealer and finish up with a loose powder.
- Contour the cheeks. Apply blush and highlighter.
- Go back to the eyes and smudge some black eye shadow below the waterline to intensify the Kajal even further.
- Add some gold pigment in the inner corner so that the eye is highlighted even further.
- Moving on to the lips, take off lip balm with a tissue and line the entire lips with a lip pencil.
- Top it over with the same color lipstick and a lip gloss if required.
How to do bridal makeup?
Face makeup tips
Pick the right foundation shade. While doing so, remember that your skin tends to become drier during winter and stick to a classic look. Use a Bronzing powder to warm your skin tone. Hence, you might need to change your foundation shade. Also, since you’ll be spending a major part of your wedding day in daylight, make sure to check the color of your foundation in natural light. Give your foundation staying powder by using a gel foundation primer before you apply your makeup.
While the foundation will mostly cover the blemishes and marks, a concealer is still a bridal beauty essential to get rid of any unwanted marks and especially to hide those dark circles. Select more golden-toned bases and concealers. Use the concealer and apply it on the spots/marks.
While you may not use powder on a daily basis, a little bit of powder is essential to set your foundation and to keep it in place. Since you’ll be out in the sun all day and since you’ll be the focus of all photographers, dab some clear glow pressed powder over your foundation and concealer.
To look flawless in pictures, blush is a must. Your natural radiance should be on display, not a bright color. Smile in front of the mirror to locate the apples of your cheeks and then apply the cheeky glow blush on the apples of your cheeks. This will also add a hint of color to your look and make you look fresh. These flattering shades will not look washed out and the contrast will not be too great with your dress. Use a brush to blend the color on your cheeks smoothly.
Eye makeup tips
To begin your eye makeup, start by applying a light eye shadow base. This will help open up your eyes. Once you set the base, proceed with applying an eye shadow color of your choice. Use neutrals to contour and highlight your eyes. Make sure the eye color matches your outfit. Line your eyes with a gel-based liner as it lasts for over 1 hour and comes with a brush for precise application. Get lush lashes by first using an eyelash curler and then applying two coats of lengthening mascara. Mascara is a must for lashes that look stunning and luscious. Apply mascara which is waterproof and smudge proof always.
Lip makeup tips
Whether you want to wear lipstick or lip gloss is up to you. Both are sure to look equally nice. However, to keep your lipstick in place, make sure that you line your lips with the color sensational lip liner in a shade that matches your lip color. When applying the color, focus the blush on the apples of the cheek and blend the excess back and up toward the hairline. You can also try out the different shades of lip polish as it has the benefits of a balm, lip color, and gloss.
Make sure the lip color matched your outfit. In case you have very thin lip, avoid using a lip liner to outline your lips and just use it to color them. For oily skin, powder blush is the perfect choice, but if your skin tends to be a bit dry, try a cream blush to achieve a dewy natural glow. Apply lip gloss more towards the center to give your lops a fuller pout. Choose a lip color in a warm, fairly bright shade. Roses, pinks, and reds look great in photos. Pinks, reds, and corals are the most common used shades but you can always try browns or beige shades if it suits your face.
Your hairstyle is what will define your overall look. Bridal hairstyles need to reflect the brides’ personality and personal style. So make sure you try out different hairstyles months before your wedding day. Coloring your hair may add flattering touches to your overall look, especially in photos. Accessorize it with clips, bands, and tiaras for that extra gorgeous look.
If your hair is long and you wear it pulled back most of the time than an elegant ‘Updo’ would be just the look. If you wear your long hair down most of the time, then try wearing some of it up away from your face and leave the rest to cascade around your shoulders.
If your hair is medium in length it can be curled and worn with a sparkly headband or tiara to dress it up. You can use one of the very popular decorative hair clips to hold it back.
If you have short hair then you need not worry because you can do lots with your hair. Don’t curl the front, it won’t look like you. It is also important for the style you choose to hold up through the ceremony and reception, but using too much hair spray can make your hair look stiff and unnatural.
Precautionary tips for bridal makeup
Every bride wants to be perfect and beautiful in wedding photos. So, she has to make sure with the everyday makeup and the type of application to enhance their beauty. It is better to get in contact for a proper technique from a makeup artist before the wedding.
For better photos
Apply foundation evenly with a long lasting finish till the end by using a dusting of pressed powder. You should make sure to keep a pressed powder in handy for touch up, that you don’t want a shiny nose of forehead in photographs. Make sure to match powder to the foundation color. Blend them well along your jaw line.
Avoid using heavy eyeliner
Eyeliner makes your eyes look smaller and can pass on false eyelashes. Thus, you can cast a shadow beneath the eyes that are accent to the outer corner of eyes with black or gray eyeliner.
Choose best professional bridal makeup artist to look good. The skin tends to break out or it may look flushed after a facial, and then be sure to schedule your facial for at least one week before the wedding. Make sure to take off your hands. Keep your hands soft, start using a non greasy hand cream before going to bed and then put them in a pair of white cotton gloves. You should sleep by having gloves that helps to hold in body heat and help the hand cream penetrate. Your hands will feel softer and smoother for a beautiful look.
Good choice of color
- Light color is a pastel reflects with more light and hence enhances the volume of a person advisable for persons on the slimmer side.
- Avoid wearing clothes of contrasting colors to short persons.
- Avoid using dark colors such as burgundy with the virtue of reflecting lesser light that can diminish the volume of the wearer and are advisable for persons on the stout side.
Fabrics to choose
- Banaras koras, brocades and silks have always been intrinsic to dressing for weddings. They remain with the designers as they are versatile and lend to unlimited possibilities as far as embroidery is concerned.
- Stain looks luxurious and is used as a lining for all expensive outfits. Thus, satin is a versatile material for embroidery that can carry considerable embroidery weight.
- Use laces or net fabric to convey a fresh, young, pretty, dream like feel with a preferred on lace. While this lends to a wider range of embroidery.