Foundation is a cream or liquid that covers blemishes, dark circles, black spots and other skin problems. If you may wear perfect eye makeup or lipstick, but you have a patchy like face, it will spoil everything. So, it is important to follow some tips for applying foundation.
First, choose the right foundation that best suits your skin tone. The foundation gives a flawless finish to your skin. You have to select a shade lighter than your skin tone. Silicate mineral based foundation for oily skin and cream based foundation for dry skin.
Steps to apply foundation
- Wash your face and hands before applying foundation. Wash your face with a cleanser that helps to remove impurities and leave the skin clear. Apply toner by cotton that can decrease your pores and leave skin toned and firm.
- Apply a moisturizer to make your skin supple and soft, if you have a dry skin.
- Spot primer to give your skin a more even finish. And it is easier for applying the foundation.
- Apply dots of concealing around dark circles and blemishes
- Dot your face by foundation on chin, cheeks, under eyes, forehead, and neck.
- Take out foundation on backside of your fingers or wet sponge or brush. It is better to have wet sponge as it helps to blend foundation evenly on your face.
- Blend wet sponge evenly to correct the nose and face corners that will make you look perfect and give a natural finish.
- Then, blend evenly on neck in up strokes. Blend hairline and jaw line to give a natural look.
- Finally, you can blot the powder evenly to control oil secretion throughout the day.
Choose the right foundation that makes your skin tone look more even. These are some makeup tips to apply foundation. The foundation makes your complexion look healthy and alive.
- Squeeze a nickel-sized amount of foundation onto the palm of your hand to slightly warm it up with your body temperature. Dip the brush into the product to load it up.
- Start in the center of your nose. Draw each star point by tracing the brush in a line from the center of your forehead.
- Then, back again from the center of your left cheek
- After from the center to your jaw, then from the center of your chin, etc.
Once you’ve drawn all of the star points, do not re-load the brush with product, but simply use it with the help of your fingers or a sponge to blend and distribute what you’ve already applied to include the rest of your face.
- Finally, go back and re-load the brush into the remaining foundation in the palm of your hand make sure that there shouldn’t be much left and apply it all over your neck. It’s important to make sure your face and neck match, but if you’re wearing a collared shirt or a turtleneck sweater, make sure to blot your neck with a tissue after so it doesn’t transfer onto your clothing.
- If you can just suck in your cheeks, just going to apply along the lower half of the cheekbone and blend upwards and then just along the sides of the nose to create a sharper nose, then with a pointed fluffy brush, we are going to go with the lighter color.
- Touch the tip of the brush end and we are going to highlight the top of the cheekbone and along the nose and there you go. By using the dark and light powders, you can create more definitions and actually use this contouring makeup to bring out features of your nose and cheekbones.
How to choose the right foundation for your skin tone
The foundation is the basic step of your makeup. So, you should make sure that it can act as a blank canvas, by choosing a foundation that can identically match your skin tone. You should try multiple shades of foundation on your face and stick with the color that matches your skin tone without blending. The foundation is designed for oily, normal or dry skin. The oil free formulations are meant that can keep oily complexions shine free and can moisturize or hydrating blends that are designed to make your dry skin look dewy. The following skin tone and foundation tips are to be followed.
For normal skin type: The normal skin types look as it is not prone to blemishes and is smooth in texture. They can use any type of foundation.
For oily skin type: The skin has large skin pores and helps to become shiny and oily quickly. They can use an oil free foundation and long wearing foundation.
For dry skin type: The skin type is mildly dry that helps to look dull and matte, which can severely dry skin that may look flaky and rough. They can use BB cream, tinted moisturizer and moisturize foundation.
For combination skin type: The combination skin type looks oily and is in the forehead, nose and chin. Dryness on the cheeks. Thus, the BB cream, long wearing foundation is to be chosen.
For mature skin type: The skin looks mature or ages. This is to become thinner and can lessen with oily look. They can use BB cream, anti-aging foundation and moisturizing foundation for a better look.
Right tools to apply liquid foundation
Sponges: The cosmetic sponges looks smooth, velvety texture to create a similar fine surface on the skin. Sponge users prefer to dampen the sponge with clean water and squeeze it mostly dry before applying foundation with it. This results in a lighter application and prevents wasting foundation by keeping less it from soaking into the sponge. All makeup, application tools must be kept scrupulously clean, by wash or dispose of sponges regularly.
Brushes: The satiny finish by applying liquid foundation with a flat foundation brush works well. The similar painting on a canvas with pout of a small amount of foundation onto the back of hand. Dip the tip of brush in it, then use small, light strokes are to dab the foundation that is needed.
Fingertips: Apply foundation with the fingers that helps in eliminating the need with special tools. Makeup artists opt for fingertip application with a warmth of the hands and helps to keep the liquid spreadable. The smooth foundation is as if it were a moisturizer and can tap the fingers on the area of unevenness to blend them thoroughly. Thus, the hands are the most convenient tools, as they still require cleanliness, always wash it before applying foundation.
Some more tips to follow
- Use a moisturizer along with the foundation if you want a dewy finish. Take the foundation on the back of the hand and add a bit of moisturizer to it. Blend them together and apply to get a glowing dewy finish. It is better not to apply loose powder.
- Use a sunscreen underneath if you do not have SPF in your foundation and if you have plans to stay outdoors for long.