Dark upper lips look odd on everyone’s face due to bleaching, threading and waxing of the upper lip hair. Stress, poor diet, pigmentation, over exposure to sun and smoking. There are certainly some other cosmetic procedures for such problems. You will spend a lot of money, but not sure if it comes free with side effects. Apart from the genetic reasons, there are some other reasons such as using of nicotine and caffeine, which causes the hyper pigmentation. Here, we have some natural home remedies to remove dark skin on the upper lip.
Causes of dark upper lips
The main causes of dark upper lips results are due to bad habits or overexposure to the sun. This may be due to hormonal balance.
- Plucking hair or waxing is the most common reasons for dark upper lips, just like mustache. This can cause due to not applying sunscreen. Waxing is very sensitive and it is best to use SPF 50 or more to protect from sun.
- This can be due to oral contraceptives that affects the skin, which is more sensitive when exposed to sunlight.
- Sun tan and cosmetic creams also result in mustache shadows.
- Some hormonal disorders due to puberty, menopause, pregnancy, that will produce skin blemishes.
Home remedies for upper lip pigmentation / darkness
Lemon juice to remove dark skin
The natural bleaching agent such as lime helps to remove pigmentation.
- Rub the upper lips with half a piece of lemon. Massage with this for a few minutes and then wash it off.
- Extract lemon juice, dab cotton in lime juice and apply it to the upper lip. Let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
Lemon, sugar and water work effectively
This is the natural scrub that will effectively remove the darkness and unwanted hair. Lemon acts as a bleaching agent and sugar as a scrub. This homemade natural scrub will remove the dead skin too, and gives lightening skin from the dark color.
- Squeeze lemon juice from 2 lemons. Mix it with water and sugar and stir well until it becomes a thin paste.
- Apply it to the upper lip and wait for 15 minutes.
- Let it dry and wash it off with normal water for better results.
Rosewater and glycerin to lighten skin
Rosewater is good for the skin. It is a good skin lightening agent by proper applications.
- Take a tablespoon of glycerin and add small amount of rose water into it.
- Apply it to the upper lip and wash off after some time.
Cucumber juice to retain natural color
Cucumber helps regain its natural skin color when the pigmentation occurs. It is a natural skin lightening agent for better results.
- Add lime juice to cucumber juice, apply it to the upper lip. Leave it for a while and then wash it off with cold water.
Lip masks to remove dead skin
Take turmeric, lime juice, gram flour and curd. Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste. This is a wonderful home-made lip mask. This mask helps to to remove the dead skin and also lightens the pigmentation.
- Add turmeric to the gram flour. Mix them well with lime juice and curd to make a thick and fine paste.
- Apply it around the lips. Leave it for about 20 minutes and use this scrub on the affected area carefully. Wash off with water.
Sun screen to protect skin
- Wear sunscreen lotion before leaving as your skin is exposed to the sun. In fact, you can apply the sunscreen lotion everyday while going out.
Carrot juice lightens skin
The carotene of carrots is very good for skin, health and eyes.
- Extract carrot juice from 2-3 carrots. Dab them with cotton and apply it on the upper lip.
- Wash off after a while and repeat this twice every day.
- You can also apply carrot paste by simply adding a little milk as a mask. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash off.
Coriander for dark upper lips
Blend coriander leaves to form a thick paste and extract juice from it. Apply this to the upper lip. Leave it for a few minutes. Wash it off with water.
Coconut oil to lighten pigmentation
Coconut oil and water are best to lighten the pigmentation. This helps to lighten the skin tone
- Rub a small amount of coconut oil around the mouth before going to sleep every day. Wash it in the morning. Regularly, follow this tip that helps to lighten the pigmentation and removes the dark skin.
- Application of coconut water also makes the skin supple and removes the darkness.
Tomato mask for dark skin
- Grated tomato also works better to lighten the skin pigmentation. Mix 4 drops of lime juice to the grated tomato. Apply it around your mouth for better results. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with cold water.
Oatmeal and tomato to remove wrinkles
- Mix oatmeal and curd results better to get lighter skin tone. Add curd and tomato juice to it. Prepare a fine mixture and apply it to the dark area around your mouth. Leave it for a few minutes and wash with normal water. This also helps in removing wrinkles.
Potato juice for tan
- Potato juice helps in removing the skin tan due to heavy exposure to the sun. Extract potato juice and apply to the tanned area around your mouth. Leave it for about 15 minutes and wash it off with normal water. It helps in removing the tan.
Almond and honey mask to remove dark upper lip shadow
Almond and honey helps to get rid of dark upper lip shadow. You just soak 5 almonds in lukewarm water overnight. In the next morning, grind them into smooth paste. Add a few drops of water to form a thick paste. Add half a teaspoon of pure organic honey, into it. Mix them well and apply it over the upper lip. Leave it for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Chickpeas facial mask
Chickpeas are used for a facial mask. This mask helps to lighten the skin tone. Take gram flour, which is made from chickpeas. Take some chickpea powder and add a pinch of turmeric into it. Add 2 drops of lemon juice into that paste. Add a few drops of dairy cream. Mix them well and apply it all over your face. Allow it to dry and rinse it off with water. Gram flour acts as a natural bleaching agent to lighten and smooth the skin.
Raw milk helps to prevent dark upper lips
Raw milk helps to lighten up dark upper lips. Apply some milk topically on the dark area. This raw milk is rich in lactic acid and makes it an excellent skin exfoliating agent. This lactic acid can brighten the natural skin tone. Take 2 teaspoons of full cream milk in a glass container and soak a cotton ball into that milk. After that rub the upper lip with that cotton ball. The skin will absorb the milk and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Repeat this process until the dark skin becomes lightened.
Aloe vera gel natural home remedy
Aloe vera gel is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory property that helps to lighten skin tone. This is an effective natural home remedy to lighten the dark skin above upper lips. Apply some fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area and leave it for 5 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and you will find a fair and glowing skin.
Cucumber, apple cider vinegar, and rose water mixture of dark skin
The mixture helps to get rid of dark upper lips. Take 2 slices of cucumber, 5 ml of apple cider vinegar, 5 ml of rose water. Grind or crush the cucumber slices to form a smooth thick paste. Squeeze out the juice from the crushed cucumber. Add 5 ml of apple cider vinegar and 5 ml of rose water into the mixture. Mix them well and apply it on your mustache or dark upper lips by using a cotton swab. This helps to lighten the skin. Use this remedy before going to sleep and stay with the pack overnight. In the next morning, wash it off with water and apply sunscreen lotion. Repeat the process for two weeks daily for better results.
These remedies work excellent without any side effects. However, do not expect results over night, you need to take out time to do this and also wait for the results. If you are looking for short cuts, then I would recommend not to turn to cosmetic procedures. Rather, be patient and work on yourself for tan removal and reducing the darkness around your mouth or the upper lip. I am also a victim of this dark upper lip problem. I use the above mentioned lip mask and it works well for me.